BrEVxit

What is your stance on Everton appointing Rafael Benitez as manager?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirkby is perhaps the only thing that comes close to being this divisive, but even that doesn't seem to match the levels of fume which are being caused by the club seemingly appointing a manager who once dared to successfully manage Liverpool and in doing so made some very disparaging remarks about Everton.
Getting really sick of this line being peddaled as the only reason most aren't happy with this appointment.

Getting really sick of this line being peddaled as the only reason most aren't happy with this appointment.
Ancelotti's record in recent years was not miles better than Benitez's. And he's older. And he played horrible negative football. Yet he was welcomed like some sort of demigod. (I liked him btw and am still gutted he did the dirty on us).

Yet there's utter meltdown over benitez. So what's the main difference? Fairly obvious

Ancelotti's record in recent years was not miles better than Benitez's. And he's older. And he played horrible negative football. Yet he was welcomed like some sort of demigod. (I liked him btw and am still gutted he did the dirty on us).

Yet there's utter meltdown over benitez. So what's the main difference? Fairly obvious

I guess the Ancelotti experience has turned people off of CV managers all together

I guess the Ancelotti experience has turned people off of CV managers all together
Yeah I think our entire hunt this time is overshadowed by Ancelotti. No one has a CV that stacks up to him and so everyone feels like a disappointment. When in fact it seems he bottled the challenge and went back to the safe comfort of world class players at a super club

Not sure how you're only seeing one negative? The top 2 are both negative for sure. Just one of them says they'll still go the game.

The third to last one ultimately counts as an a not wanting him appointed. That's how it's meant to read anyway.
5 out of 6 options essentially say crack on with it, with only one saying take any sort of personal steps against the appointment. For example, I won't be totally boycotting all things Everton, I will be going to the game on fewer occasions, I'll watch less on TV, I won't be buying any merchandise. If the club doesn't have any respect for local fans they shouldn't expect us to hand our cash over to them. No option covers that sort of approach. It's either boycott or accept it lock and stock.

5 out of 6 options essentially say crack on with it, with only one saying take any sort of personal steps against the appointment. For example, I won't be totally boycotting all things Everton, I will be going to the game on fewer occasions, I'll watch less on TV, I won't be buying any merchandise. If the club doesn't have any respect for local fans they shouldn't expect us to hand our cash over to them. No option covers that sort of approach. It's either boycott or accept it lock and stock.
Humble apologies for not including your very specific stance. Seems to me you pretty obviously fit into the second option as you'll still support the team by attending, even if less obviously. And that's still
very obviously an anti benitez negative stance.

Football is just football, and really opinions.
That said you keep your allegiance and face most problems a club faces firmly, or steadfastly supporting the club.
However there comes trigger points in your allegiance that really push you over the edge.
This, hiring a out of date ex RS manager is the lowest for me.
As Deborah would say, apologies, but I’m out..

I think it’s a good breakdown of the varying stances but covers only a small portion of the fan base which is the lucky match going fan, there’s a huge amount of fans watching around the world including those who would be going to the game if they still lived close by

I personally am disgusted by this as nobody can convince me that out of all the options in world football they had to pick the most divisive one. Even if the situation is one of just needing stability with the possibility of European football until we get the stadium there is still no way for me they land on this being the only option. Like with allardyce it’s a club out of touch making utterly scheisse decisions and they have again killed any interest I might have in watching the games or checking results or reading about it all.

Crap football, disinterested players and uninspiring failing managers I can handle and continue investing time every single day watching them and reading about it all here and discussing it all. That all happens as a result of your normal footballing poor choices and crap signings by a club used to mediocrity. You hope they some day get better at them, but are used to them continuously falling on their arses

decisions like this and allardyce though and it’s just like….ah the club is actually showing they are NEA, and for me again I don’t even have a decision to make….from the moment it’s confirmed I’ll switch off. Log out the forum. Not watch a single game and won’t be checking results or reading anything until they eventually sack them. And it’s sad how easy that was to do with allardyce, and how easy it will be again this time. I had money put aside for next season to get over from Spain to watch 2 or 3 games, restrictions permitting. I was anxious to catch up and see more of goodison while I still can. That money can go somewhere else now.

the owners of the club can go and fk themselves, although I’m fully aware my action and anybody else Doing similar won’t make a bit of difference

Dead against it as in us going down in that Wimbledon match...

Will take me some convincing, I will be salty if this appointment is made until we win something, then wait for Kopite insults. In essence its purgatory this bloke being our manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.