Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
unlucky or just a bit crap?

The stats
  • Everton have failed to win any of the 24 Premier League games in which they've fallen behind under Marco Silva (W0 D4 L20).

• Lucas Digne's own goal was Brighton's first-ever 90th-minute winning goal in the Premier League.

• Everton netted their first set-piece goal of the 2019-20 Premier League campaign (via Webster's own goal) and their first since May 2019 vs Spurs (Tosun via a corner).

• Pascal Gross scored Brighton's first-ever direct free-kick in the Premier League and their first in league competition since Sebastien Pocognoli netted vs QPR in the Championship in April 2017.

Regardless of the VAR and the end, go back to the first 15/20 minutes of the posts on here and it's the same crap again from Everton

Slow
Laboured
Ponderous
Sideways
No urgency
Then bang a goal and a mistake and EVERYONE on here says "well that's a defeat so we might as well pack it in. And guess what, we might as well have because this team simply CAN'T give 1 goal leads to anyone because they haven't got the mental strength not just to hold onto a lead, but to extend it and kill the opposition off to wrap up the 3 points.

They lack bottle and game management, 2 things unfortunately our manager severely lacks in.

OK smart arse name me the 11 from city's 2nd team that would beat us
Watch most of their home games, when Everton not at home. Only live 10 mins away from Etihad. On paper - Ederson or Bravo. Cancello, Otamendi, Garcia ,Mendy, Gundagun, Rodri ,Foden , Mahrez, Jesus, Sane. Do you think this 2nd team could beat Everton? Because I,ll bet 95% of Everton fans would agree with me if they were honest. AND ive left Walker and Stones both out also.

We were poor. Being better than rubbish doesn't mean you were good. It just means you weren't rubbish.

I honestly don't know who to point the finger at for this one. Pickford was awful on the first goal, gave away the penalty cheaply by going early and easily could have conceded a third by himself from an unnecessary rebound. We were generally good at the back, had a spell of quality link-up play after the first goal until halftime, and generally didn't do much with the chances we created.

Is that the manager, the goalkeeper, players, VAR or all of the above? I don't know, but the long string of disappointing play this season has to land at the manager's door.

Brighton
Burnley
Villa
Bournemouth
Palace twice
Tottenham
Fulham

Not beat a single one of them away from home in the league, absolute shambles.

We're genuinely a home form dip away from being relegation candidates and given we've got one month to go till we have a december month that could provide 0 points something needs to change soon, either Silva shows he can improve things (which he's not shown at all so far) or get him out.

We wus robbed. It would never happen to certain other clubs.

Not just you mate, but give it a rest with all this ‘woe is us’ attitude and it not happening to ‘other’ teams. We can all agree that VAR needs binning off, at least in its current guise. All this ‘conspiracy’ rubbish and VAR helping the RS is quite ridiculous. The panel mustn’t have got the M.O last week and we were all laughing at that decision! Cant have it both ways. I’ve read loads of these posts today. Honestly if people actually think that there’s this level of corruption, what’s the point in even going to support it? Some people need to give the game a rest for a while.

Regardless of the VAR and the end, go back to the first 15/20 minutes of the posts on here and it's the same crap again from Everton

Slow
Laboured
Ponderous
Sideways
No urgency
Then bang a goal and a mistake and EVERYONE on here says "well that's a defeat so we might as well pack it in. And guess what, we might as well have because this team simply CAN'T give 1 goal leads to anyone because they haven't got the mental strength not just to hold onto a lead, but to extend it and kill the opposition off to wrap up the 3 points.

They lack bottle and game management, 2 things unfortunately our manager severely lacks in.

Not sure it's the bottle as such. Maybe they arent good enough. I mean we have two arsenal rejects playing for us and they got done by sheff utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back