Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry... but its totally irrelevent whether or not you went the game today or not....that we are continue to look for excuses is very, very sad....if we are truly aspiring to be anything else than average...then we should be brushing asisde teams like this with ease......
I didnt go to the game mate. I was also just respecting the fact he went all the way down there to witness yet another defeat.

But regardless, I agree with your comments about our aspirations and also our expectations. Either way they're not being fulfilled. And as I said...5 defeats in 6 games is abysmal.

Could kill our season that result

Heads will be down come Tuesday now

Watford will have been rubbing their together knowing how emotionally frail we can be

Goodison must be loud and defiant so we can put the wind back in the sails

Last week's result could have probably killed our season tbf.

We dont get any luck at Brighton lol, mirallas miss 2 years ago to win last kick of the game,last season hitting the woodwork twice,today the VAR and OG,Everton can make you so lifeless so much

Look at the disorganisation on that 3rd goal 3 players half heartedly pressing 1 player being bypassed for the ball, Gomes jogging back at snails speed all our defence at sixes and sevens.
So so ametuerish

Just watched the game on replay. Seemed slightly more bad luck than bad play, but there was some definite examples of bad play to be sure, for example Pickford was out of position on the first goal, and Gomes was responsible for stupidly fouling to set up Brighton's first goal. Digne's OG was just bad luck--he had to do something to cover an incoming Murray. One still has to question a coach who's go-to strategy seems to be "do what sort of worked last time" which translates to the usual 4-2-3-1 with the exact same players that we used against West Ham and others--why scout games if you just are gonna start the usual folks in the same predictable formation? I'm glad I waited to watch this nonsense when I was already about 4 pints into the evening.

Look at the disorganisation on that 3rd goal 3 players half heartedly pressing 1 player being bypassed for the ball, Gomes jogging back at snails speed all our defence at sixes and sevens.
So so ametuerish

Agreed. So little "fight to the end" in this team. As if they were resting on their laurels after going 2-1 when they are frickin' in the bottom 4th of the table. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back