Bristol Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I am talking bobbins. Was thinking of Stapleton Road, which is terrible. Stapleton aint too bad.

Soz.

I walked from the interview to Stapleton Road train station and can confirm the grimness.

The job has a BS16 postcode, looking it seems closer to St Werburghs, Stapleton Road was the nearest station though.

St Werburghs/Montpellier are like the new cosmopolitan areas. Crammed full of eco shops and stuff. Anywhere round there is going to be pretty sound I would say.

Just prepare yourself to never ever watch a decent live football match again though.

Back in the day I got delayed at Bristol Temple Meads train station due to some divy pulling the emergency lever........3 hours later I managed to depart.....

That is my only recollection of that errrrrrrm fine city

Back in the day I got delayed at Bristol Temple Meads train station due to some divy pulling the emergency lever........3 hours later I managed to depart.....

That is my only recollection of that errrrrrrm fine city

It is an ace place mate. Unless you enjoy decent sport, and watching a band that more than 500 people want to see.

But I love it. Despite that. Seems to have a decent blue community that has evolved this season as well. With another one just popped up today! @markymark .

I havnt actually met up with any of them yet, although @ste d' indica has promised to let me know when he takes his missus for a pint in my local.

http://www.thekicker.co.uk/

I walked from the interview to Stapleton Road train station and can confirm the grimness.

The job has a BS16 postcode, looking it seems closer to St Werburghs, Stapleton Road was the nearest station though.

St Werburghs/Montpellier are like the new cosmopolitan areas. Crammed full of eco shops and stuff. Anywhere round there is going to be pretty sound I would say.

Just prepare yourself to never ever watch a decent live football match again though.
I would pay the extra and live in Clifton. Somewhere walking distance to Clifton Down train station and shopping centre.

If price is a factor, try going east a bit, somewhere near Redland station - Cotham is nice, but bear in mind it is very student-oriented.

I moved away from Bristol several years ago ( wish I hadn't! ) so maybe things are different now, but when I was there the bus system was appalling. I drove everywhere because of that. However when I went back last year I discovered that the entire city centre had become pay-to-park, which is a ballache. Also heard that recently they've imposed a 20mph speed limit in the city centre. Food for thought.

I moved away from Bristol several years ago ( wish I hadn't! ) so maybe things are different now, but when I was there the bus system was appalling. I drove everywhere because of that. However when I went back last year I discovered that the entire city centre had become pay-to-park, which is a ballache. Also heard that recently they've imposed a 20mph speed limit in the city centre. Food for thought.

The buses are still awful. The driving in the centre is still awful. They have just built a new car park for Southmead hospital; 500 car spaces, 500 bike spaces. Who rides a bike to hospital ffs?

the mayor is a green, non driving, eco nut.

The buses are still awful. The driving in the centre is still awful. They have just built a new car park for Southmead hospital; 500 car spaces, 500 bike spaces. Who rides a bike to hospital ffs?

the mayor is a green, non driving, eco nut.
Cycling through Southmead would be a good way to get your bike nicked. And, ironically, you'd probably end up in hospital too.

It is an ace place mate. Unless you enjoy decent sport, and watching a band that more than 500 people want to see.

But I love it. Despite that. Seems to have a decent blue community that has evolved this season as well. With another one just popped up today! @markymark .

I havnt actually met up with any of them yet, although @ste d' indica has promised to let me know when he takes his missus for a pint in my local.

http://www.thekicker.co.uk/
Should be soon mate!

I would pay the extra and live in Clifton. Somewhere walking distance to Clifton Down train station and shopping centre.

If price is a factor, try going east a bit, somewhere near Redland station - Cotham is nice, but bear in mind it is very student-oriented.

Yes things are different now with the houseng market, but not so much with the buses :) I walk everywhere if I can, although there are a few bus routes that are run well.

Rent and house prices have rocketed... largely because its a small city that is now seen as desirable and alot of people are moving here from london. Redland is not cheap, nor is Cotham. Although you still get students in these areas alot of them will be rich students from Bristol university. All the places you have mentioned are still nice and good suggestions, but rent is going ridiculous in them, and also all the way up Gloucester road to Horfield.

Yes things are different now with the houseng market, but not so much with the buses :) I walk everywhere if I can, although there are a few bus routes that are run well.

Rent and house prices have rocketed... largely because its a small city that is now seen as desirable and alot of people are moving here from london. Redland is not cheap, nor is Cotham. Although you still get students in these areas alot of them will be rich students from Bristol university. All the places you have mentioned are still nice and good suggestions, but rent is going ridiculous in them, and also all the way up Gloucester road to Horfield.
Horfield was cheap as chips when I was there. Ah the good old days...

Is the water taxi still running?

Horfield was cheap as chips when I was there. Ah the good old days...

Is the water taxi still running?

Think so. It closed for a while but pretty sure someone took it on. Not sure if it is all day like it used to be though.

It would probably be much easier to meet up if it was worth getting excited for matches.

Good luck finding somewhere, I moved down last year and I really like the area, although rent prices are going to get a lot worse over the next few years...

Status
Not open for further replies.