Broken relationship with players ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy

Player Valuation: £10m
As the title suggests, what does this mean?

I think it means the players could not be assed putting any effort in anymore an example
the derby. Also does it mean that Martinez `may` have been very good if the players had not turned on him
and done the job they are highly paid to do?

Are Jagielkas comments that over 10 players could leave mean that the 10 lazy ass
players have their cards marked by Moshiri and they are being moved on ?

Martinez wasn't good. Was never good and the players hated his terribad coaching. They revolted and stopped propping up his ego and false empire. If they all put full effort in to win games 6-5 it'd make Martinez seem like he had some sort of clue, but the players weren't fit enough or practicing the right drills and there was no onfield organization.
New manager and everyone starts fresh.

I wonder if the lesson of the rm era is a reason why we are looking towards a director of football?

May be a point of contact in the future if the manager is a buffoon! Example; you question the manager you get dropped,
so you dont question the manager, you speak to big Joe, and say the manager is a tit, and dont get dropped, smart move although
I think Moshiri will be far more involved than Kenwright was

But looking at it positively it does show that we have a squad that's capable, I say this because there were instances where they performed to good levels whether it be just a individual game or a run of games, dependant on circumstance.

A few examples of what I mean would be after the Stole away game last season, when it looked as though we could be pulled into a relegation fight, all of a sudden we won 5 in 7. Some of the individual games were games like Wolfsburg x2 Chelsea x2 and Southampton. This shows we are capable.

But each of these examples were down to the squad rallying and are in no way meant as a compliment to Martinez.

Exciting times ahead.

Very well paid professionals by the way.
I don't fully accept the entire 'well they're extremely well paid professionals so should always perform' argument that regularly emerges.

Yes they're paid a lot of money to perform so in the mainstay they should, however equally they are human beings with common human traits.

If your boss in work is clueless and basically leading you up a blind alley, then sooner rather than later your productivity and respect lowers.

Equally, if you've got a boss who is genuine leader, who knows how to lead the way and manage their employers then they're likely to perform.

The relationship between a football manager and football players is no different; Martinez was making them play turgid stuff so they lost interest.

It's not entirely excusing the players as they still have a lot to answer for regarding performances, but I think this breakdown played a huge part.

The fact that they are earning x-amount of pounds p/w just makes it ever so more evidence for the fans. Doesn't stop it from happening though!

It must have been a nightmare to have Martinez as your boss. The man spoke utter guff on a non-stop basis. He'd employ some absolutely crazy and ridiculous style of football and then after a loss he'd start going on about how the players need to 'play without fear' and go 'eye-to-eye' with your opponent. The idiotic style of football wasn't just ignored but he would ask them to do the same thing again during the next game.

He was making the players look stupid and then making out that it was the player's psychology or inability to implement a ridiculous system that was the problem. I think the players realised that he was full of excrement a lot earlier than the end of this season.

It must have been a nightmare to have Martinez as your boss. The man spoke utter guff on a non-stop basis. He'd employ some absolutely crazy and ridiculous style of football and then after a loss he'd start going on about how the players need to 'play without fear' and go 'eye-to-eye' with your opponent. The idiotic style of football wasn't just ignored but he would ask them to do the same thing the next game.

He was making the players look stupid and then making out that it was the player's psychology or inability to implement a ridiculous system that was the problem. I think the players realised that he was full of excrement a lot earlier than the end of this season.
Like bringing in a defensive coach from Wrexham,couldn't make it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.