Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we only have 5m it is madness to spunk it all on him when we need other players.

Do we need other players though? The general comment is that we have a boss 11 but lack cover.

Baines is defo one of those players we lack cover for. Gibson is the only other player I'd say who even comes close. If we're going to plug any gap on our bench, LB is the one to plug.

Do we need other players though? The general comment is that we have a boss 11 but lack cover.

Baines is defo one of those players we lack cover for. Gibson is the only other player I'd say who even comes close. If we're going to plug any gap on our bench, LB is the one to plug.

I agree mate. I think people are just miffed at the price.

I can't see it being £5m up front though to be fair.

Spot on. We've been lucky that he's avoided injuries for the last couple of years, we need cover for him & if this lad can cover Pienaar as well, then he'll be a solid addition to the squad.

I'd like to see another CM arrive so that Barkley can go out on loan for a couple of months, he needs competitive game time.

We have Hibbert who is four (?) years older than Baines and, although looking in good shape and playing decent at the moment, has nobody challenging for his position as Neville will be finished end of the season and Moyes obviously doesn't see Coleman as his natural replacement. Why isn't he looking at a long-term successor?

Then we only have Jelevic who is an out-and-out striker, as Mirallas is more of an attacking midfielder and the rest cannot be relied on.

So there are two positions, imo, we should be looking at filling before a reserve left back who'll play six games a season and a handful of substitute appearances...

We have Hibbert who is four (?) years older than Baines and, although looking in good shape and playing decent at the moment, has nobody challenging for his position as Neville will be finished end of the season and Moyes obviously doesn't see Coleman as his natural replacement. Why isn't he looking at a long-term successor?

Then we only have Jelevic who is an out-and-out striker, as Mirallas is more of an attacking midfielder and the rest cannot be relied on.

So there are two positions, imo, we should be looking at filling before a reserve left back who'll play six games a season and a handful of substitute appearances...

I'm less pesimistic about Coleman's prospects at RB then you are. Hibbert is more than good enough at the moment until Seamus is ready and I think he will be.

As for up front. Honestly Anichebe looks to be in decent form. I rate Vellios. And Naismith and Mirallas are both strikers albeit probably not suited to leading the line alone.

In a perfect world we'd have proven cover for Jelavic, I agree, but I don't see why that's more urgent than cover for baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back