Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect you still trying to remain positive, however Everton has sucked that right out of me this season.....

Outside of the zone by 1 point and a worse GD than Burnley, we have Man Utd at home and Burnley have Norwich away, where do you think we will be come Saturday night?

Benitez - 20 games won 5 drawn 4 lost 11. Win Percentage 25%, Points per game 0.95
Lampard - 9 games won 2 drawn 0 lost 7. Win Percentage 22%, Points per game 0.67

But its sound because we are gonna get a win percentage of 33% and a points per game of 1.0 to stay up.....

Do you know how far fetched that sounds, even the likes of Brentford and Palace who are on paper our easiest games have been tipping up against bigger teams and winning comfortably.

Still need 3 maybe 4 wins, where are they coming from? Straight away you can discount the away games.......

Man Utd (H)
Leicester (H)
Liverpool (A) dreading that game!
Chelsea (H)
Leicester City (A)
Watford (A)
Brentford (H)
Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)

Just face facts, this club is rotten to the absolute core, players are incapable of playing 90 mins of football without conceding, I`ve no idea when the last time we scored from open play..... Burnley are the worst attack in the Premier League yet we tip up and they smack 3.....

The sooner everyone faces the facts the better, of course I don`t expect the players to give up but TBH it feels like they did that months ago.

This club has disappointed me for more than 30 years, Moshiri is right up there with the Venkys, we need the force the absolute Kopite out.
If we don’t pull something miraculous out of the bag on Saturday then I wouldn’t be surprised if the Brentford/Palace games don’t end up irrelevant to our fate as we will be good as gone by then.

We haven’t been able to turn this form around since October - Christ, without the bonkers last minute winners v Arsenal and Newcastle we would be out of reach already.

Was just thinking back to last season at Goodison, Burnley were 2-1 up at HT and competent shut up shop and didn’t give us an inch in the second half. Why couldn’t we just do that? 7 ‘kin points ahead of them we would’ve been. I hate Everton and we deserve to go down.

Apparently there was a lot of "finger pointing"going on in our dressing room after the game,jesus is this the best that spineless lot can muster?I'd have felt better if I'd known a couple of them had been sparked out coldlollollol
Can imagine Richy being quite vocal and saying what he feels. Him and Holgate had a fight after the last match of season last year allegedly and Carlo had to separate them. Can imagine Richy saying "we would be in Europe if it wasn't for the poor defending"

I respect you still trying to remain positive, however Everton has sucked that right out of me this season.....

Outside of the zone by 1 point and a worse GD than Burnley, we have Man Utd at home and Burnley have Norwich away, where do you think we will be come Saturday night?

Benitez - 20 games won 5 drawn 4 lost 11. Win Percentage 25%, Points per game 0.95
Lampard - 9 games won 2 drawn 0 lost 7. Win Percentage 22%, Points per game 0.67

But its sound because we are gonna get a win percentage of 33% and a points per game of 1.0 to stay up.....

Do you know how far fetched that sounds, even the likes of Brentford and Palace who are on paper our easiest games have been tipping up against bigger teams and winning comfortably.

Still need 3 maybe 4 wins, where are they coming from? Straight away you can discount the away games.......

Man Utd (H)
Leicester (H)
Liverpool (A) dreading that game!
Chelsea (H)
Leicester City (A)
Watford (A)
Brentford (H)
Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)

Just face facts, this club is rotten to the absolute core, players are incapable of playing 90 mins of football without conceding, I`ve no idea when the last time we scored from open play..... Burnley are the worst attack in the Premier League yet we tip up and they smack 3.....

The sooner everyone faces the facts the better, of course I don`t expect the players to give up but TBH it feels like they did that months ago.

This club has disappointed me for more than 30 years, Moshiri is right up there with the Venkys, we need the force the absolute Kopite out.
Agree on all points we are a absolute disgrace at the minute. Wouldn’t care if I never seen any of them in the shirt again apart from Pickford and Gordon.

I'm resigned to to it now.

Before the Burnley game I had what felt like a moment of clarity. Just felt like it was the defining game.

My thinking was, if we win, we'll defo stay up. If we draw, it could go either way*. But if we lose, we're gone.

* I realise that this outcome would mean the game wouldn't have been defining.

You can take some comfort from the knowledge that I'm so often wrong. On the other hand, I am a bit of a Cassandra* in that I get negative predictions right more than positive predictions

*Daughter of Priam, the king of Troy. Cassandra had the gift of foresight, but only for bad news. As such she was generally dismissed as a negative nelly.

Last edited:
Can imagine Richy being quite vocal and saying what he feels. Him and Holgate had a fight after the last match of season last year allegedly and Carlo had to separate them. Can imagine Richy saying "we would be in Europe if it wasn't for the poor defending"
All very imaginable to be honest @Littlesue, but I would also be able to imagine a retort along the lines of, 'if you buried some the chances you have had then the defence wouldn't be under such ridiculous pressure'.
I can only 'imagine' it as I would be flabbergasted to even think these players actually cared enough to show any real passion.

Harping back to the defensive side for a mo; it has been pretty grim for years and we were only able to get away with it then because Rom was slotting on a regular basis.
Recruitment has been garbage for too long now, and especially defence wise.

Before the Burnley game I had what felt like a moment of clarity. Just felt like it was the defining game.

My thinking was, if we win, we'll defo stay up. If we draw, it could go either way*. But if we lose, we're gone.

You can take some comfort from the knowledge that I'm so often wrong. On the other hand, I am a bit of a Cassandra* in that I get negative predictions right more than positive predictions

*Daughter of Priam, the king of Troy. Cassandra had the gift of foresight, but only for bad news. As such she was generally dismissed as a negative nelly.
Right on Jamo, but, and we all think and react in different ways, I believe the Manure result defines our season.
Burnley were always going to be a 'grok too far' in reality at their ground, especially with our depleted side. Manure, however, come to Goodison. A whole different type of game, and with the home support.
I believe we will win this one; not easily, but a win none the less.

Lose it and, well, let's not go there today, but should we, then you have the right to shoot me.

Only Cassandra I've ever heard of was Roderneyes Missus in Fools and Horses;)lol

Jeremiah was the prophet of presentiment...to call someone a Jeremiah is to label them a portender of bad tidings... a gloom merchant.
Cassandra on the other hand, was a woman fated to accurately predict the future (good or bad)....but to have no one believe her tidings.

Status
Not open for further replies.