Match Thread Burnley v Everton, Saturday 3rd March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford

Coleman(c) - Keane - Funes Mori - Baines

Gueye - Rooney - Davies
Walcott----------------------Sigurdsson

Niasse

Rooney had a mare at Watford but I'd be against dropping him personally. We should be sticking with the same midfield 3 going forward - we literally have no better option right now anyway.

Bit of a shakeup of the back 4 would be worth doing I reckon - get Coleman, Funes Mori & Baines back into the side with Keane and see how it looks.

Niasse is still ahead of Tosun.. and I actually think DCL could be a decent option from the bench for this.

It's so important that we get the players all on the same wavelength and get them passing & moving properly... and I can't believe I actually have to say that considering this is the fundamentals of footy and we're talking about a set of otherwise decent players here. We lost at Watford last weekend because of how criminally sloppy we were.. and I feel if we just tighten things up and find an extra gear in the moments that we need it then we'll actually start to look alright for once!

Please just put in a decent performance at the very least, Everton..

Last edited:

It's away, so our team of homesick bottlers will 'Everton that' all over the shop.
Burnley nailed on to win 1-0

NB : I wont bother watching the game.
I see you're particularly fond of our great Club at the moment.

The Club's a complete and utter shambles mate. Rudderless and clueless both on the field and off of it.
You are correct. It's mad how our billionaire owner is just standing there watching the fans lose interest, the players down tools and us get dragged into the relegation mix. Is he going to act if we pick up fewer than 3 points from the next two fixtures? Because if we don't we'll likely be about 14th or 15th in the league going into the final 10 games.

You are correct. It's mad how our billionaire owner is just standing there watching the fans lose interest, the players down tools and us get dragged into the relegation mix. Is he going to act if we pick up fewer than 3 points from the next two fixtures? Because if we don't we'll likely be about 14th or 15th in the league going into the final 10 games.
...and one thing is definite: this Everton team lacks any stomach* for a fight. If we are 14th or 15th going into the final 10 games, I fear the worst...

*ironic they lack stomach, given the full English breakfasts they all scoff every morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back