Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Dyche it sounded like he's considering 3 CBs for Burnley.

Probably a back 5 of:

--------------Keane--Tarkowski--Godfrey
Patterson-------------------------------------Mykolenko
Be shocked if he was going to play 5 as who would he drop.imo he will stick to 4411 unless injuries

Would be astounded if Dyche does anything other than just go as like for like as possible.

Branthwaite and Gueye out. Gueye would not have played anyway, so perfect time to be suspended. Godfrey or Keane in for Branthwaite, that's it.

Pickford
Patterson-Tarkowski-Godfrey-Mykolenko
Harrison-Garner-Onana-McNeil
Doucoure
Lewis​

Taking the girlfriend to go watch this game at a local pub/bar Saturday morning. I can't believe I'm willing to introduce her to this [Poor language removed].

Also, let's just start Keane to have the most Burnley lineup possible.

Be shocked if he was going to play 5 as who would he drop.imo he will stick to 4411 unless injuries
He's already stated he may play 3 CBs.

Those five would operate as a 3 but mostly 5 and we'd have a four man midfield of Harrison Onana Ducoure McNeil - with Doucore asked to get up and support DCL if and when possible.

I think that''s the only way of minimising the damage done to the defence with injures and suspensions.

OR

He could just say "I'm going to trust Keane and Tarkowski as a partnership at CB and Patterson to stay focussed for 90 minutes and I'm going to back my attacking 4 players to get on the scoresheet more times than Burnley can".

Of the 4 fixtures we faced against Forest, Newcastle, Chelsea, and Burnley, this was the only one I thought we’d get anything out of. Shows what I know. Now I see it as a banana skin! At least Burnley have broken their duck by actually winning a game at home. If they hadn’t it’s ordained that when you are desperate and need to break a bad run, then make sure you have a fixture against Everton. It’s always the same with any player who hasn’t scored in two years, or is on 99 goals and hasn’t scored in a month, he just needs to see the Royal Blue and everything is right with the world.Not this time, so maybe….

He's already stated he may play 3 CBs.

Those five would operate as a 3 but mostly 5 and we'd have a four man midfield of Harrison Onana Ducoure McNeil - with Doucore asked to get up and support DCL if and when possible.

I think that''s the only way of minimising the damage done to the defence with injures and suspensions.

OR

He could just say "I'm going to trust Keane and Tarkowski as a partnership at CB and Patterson to stay focussed for 90 minutes and I'm going to back my attacking 4 players to get on the scoresheet more times than Burnley can".
Just be shocked if he did tbh cant see him changing the team to much. So not play patterson and have back 3 of godfrey/keane, tark and myko

Taking the girlfriend to go watch this game at a local pub/bar Saturday morning. I can't believe I'm willing to introduce her to this [Poor language removed].

Also, let's just start Keane to have the most Burnley lineup possible.

Saturday morning ! 5.30pm Kick off . Take it easy pal, you dont want to spend Christmas in the doghouse

The Dingles have had an uptick in form recently and aren't as soft as they were early doors, kompany is starting to prioritise results over philosophy now.

Win and we're absolutely in business, realistically would be quite happy with a hard fought draw though, we don't win 4 in a row, do we?

On a side note and as others have said, defo worth a few bob on any of the ex Burnley lads anytime scorer

Status
Not open for further replies.