CAHILL'S 100 UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
Tim Cahill has played in 100 Premier League games for Everton.

In featuring against Sunderland, the Australian achieved his century of top flight appearances.

But typically for Cahill, he had no idea of the milestone.

He told evertonTV: "It’s gone quickly. I didn’t even know, but it’s been a privilege and an honour to play for a club like this and to get a hundredth start - I’m buzzing, because it’s a great place to be playing and long may it continue.

"When I very first came here, I said it was a dream come true and that was the truth. I had the opportunity to go somewhere else, but once I had spoken to the Chairman and the gaffer I was buzzing and to be in a training ground atmosphere and to be with these lads, I could really see myself playing here."

Cahill revealed the influences of a host of Everton players past and present who have made his time on Merseyside so memorable.

"Through the years I’ve grown and helped to produce, with the squad, game winning performances with some big players," he said, "Players like Duncan Ferguson, Alan Stubbs, Lee Carsley, Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert – real players who are passionate about their football club. Along the way I've been meeting players like Mikel Arteta and the list is never ending.

"The gaffer has added players which add stability and strength to the team, so I couldn’t be at a better club – we’ve all grown together.

"I spoke to Watto (Steve Watson) the other night, I still speak with Davie Weir and Gary Naysmith.

"When I first came here I didn’t realise what it was to come to Everton and to wear the badge...and then Duncan Ferguson took me under his wing and Alan Stubbs did as well, and they showed me the way.

I didn’t realise what it was to come to Everton and to wear the badge...and then Duncan Ferguson took me under his wing "Work hard and train hard and believe in the badge and you’ll always do really well."

What a signing by the gaffer. 1.7m for this lad, who no-one knew anything about. Turned out to be one of the best goal-scoring midfielders in the prem. He plays with guile an aggrestion. He never knows when he's beat. Just the sort of player we love at everton.

He's one of the best players we'v had at the club since the mid 80's. An the way he speaks about playing for everton, sounds just like a fan (ferguson,stubbs both were)

I cant rememver a player like him at everton. The way he breaks into the box unatended, Its no coincedence he get on the end of a lot of crosses. CB's just cant handle him. An with the addition of the likes of arteta,pienaar,yak,lescott,jags etc. Their is a great future for us blues. time to held our heads up high.

So well done tim, you were the first real signing to what we have now. The start of the revelution. Hope theirs plenty more years ahead at everton for you. An plenty more goals.

struth...........we love you son ;););)

"Players like Duncan Ferguson, Alan Stubbs, Lee Carsley, Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert – real players who are passionate about their football club.

"I spoke to Watto (Steve Watson) the other night, I still speak with Davie Weir and Gary Naysmith.

Just a thought, but nice of him to mention all the True Blues in there. Shows his understanding of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.