Can we have some calm for once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraVires

Player Valuation: £8m
Yes we have lost two games but there seems to be a lot of concern that we are no further on than last season.

Yes, both performances were disappointing that we sat back so much but realistically we are only just getting forward options fit/settled in and include Onana in that because the way he strides forward is incredible.

We restricted Spurs to very little last night and arguably we had the better chances in that first half alone. Once we get past Newcastle in the week, we play teams that are going to be around us this season and if we maintain the defensive quality we have shown then we will keep clean sheets and it will give the attackers a platform to build from.

I would not judge us on these two defeats but where we are come the WC break. If we are close to relegation by then it will start to sound alarm bells but I don’t think we have seen anything like last season (even against United wasn’t that bad) and that can only be positive.

Let's be honest here, we only log in for the feeeewm, the sheds and the fridges.

Everything else is just decoration.
Can't wait for the Christmas 'show us your decs' thread lol
ON TOPIC
I think everybody can see that things are not a bad as last season.
There has been a definite improvement, just not as much, or as quick as some hoped for.
Anybody who was expecting European qualification this time, off the back of our worst ever season, is definitely deluded though.

I haven’t even seen that much overreaction to be honest.
There's no over-reaction. If there is, it is the mirror image of the virtual bus parades that greeted wins over the mighty West Ham and Southampton. What I do see, however, is yet another free pass being handed to Frank for the Newcastle game. He should be good enough to have us competitive there and in contention for at least a point. We might lose, but we might just as easily take a point. We most definitely should be going there sensing an opportunity to get something.

Let's be honest here, we only log in for the feeeewm, the sheds and the fridges.

Everything else is just decoration.
This.

We lost to two much...but not that much...better teams.
Not totally unexpected, tbh.
The thing that does our heads in is all the ways we continually contribute to our own downfall...eh Picks?

Good players/teams have the odd average game.
Average players/teams have the odd good game...and, at the moment, we're seriously Average.

Status
Not open for further replies.