Can you name the line up for your first match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vs Chelsea away 1984 (I think)...we won 1-0 Heath scored

Southall
Stevens
Van Den Hauwe
Ratcliffe
Mountfield
Reid
Steven
Bracewell
Sheedy
Sharp
Heath

First game I watched on TV:
Martyn
Hibbert
Weir
Stubbs
Osman
Carsley
Cahill
Kilbane
Bent
>forget the other 2. Was vs Norwich 2004. Just remembered at the time, I was interested in watching TimmyC. Think Dunc and Yobo came off the bench, Fergy scored the winner.

First game live vs Utd. 2-1 loss in 2014. Baines penalty miss.
Howard
Hibbert
Stones
Jags
Baines
Besic
Barry
McGeady
Pienaar
Naismith
Lukaku

Neville Southall
Gary Stevens
Pat Van den Hauwe
Kevin Ratcliffe
Neil Pointon
Paul Bracewell
Kevin Sheedy
Trevor Steven
Adrian Heath
Gary Lineker
Graeme Sharp

3 -1 (Lineker x 2 & Steven)

Easy,

Martyn, Pistone (Hibbert 28), Stubbs, Unsworth, Naysmith, McFadden (Rooney 60), Carsley, Gravesen, Kilbane, Radzinski, Campbell (Ferguson 78).
Subs Not Used: Li Tie, Simonsen.

Everton 3-2 Leicester

West
Wright
Brown
Kendall
Labone
Harvey
Husband
Ball
Royle
Hurst
Morrissey

Everton 4 (Royle 3, Hurst) Southampton 2

No.

But it was Boxing Day against Luton and Heath scored twice. I was about 8 years old so I reckon it was 1989 or thereabouts?

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if someone else has already replied, but is this it?

http://evertonresults.com/match26121987.html

Everton 2 - 0 Luton

Saturday 26 December 1987
1987-88 - Barclays Football League Division 1
A Heath 27', 57'

N Southall
G Stevens
N Pointon
K Ratcliffe
D Watson
P Reid
T Steven
A Heath
G Sharp
I Snodin
I Wilson

Nick Barmby's debut, monday night football against Coventry 4th November 1996. Met Dave Hickson outside the ground and he signed my program. Even met Big Dunc, very briefly. Sat in the Lower Glawdys and witnessed both goals. Still remember the feeling in the place when Kanchelskis was on the ball, everyone stood up and it felt like something was going to happen......

Result:
Everton (1) 1 - Coventry City (0) 1
Scorers:
Stuart 45 (pen); McAllister 68

Everton: Southall; Short, Watson, Unsworth (73 Branch); Barrett, Parkinson (82 Grant), Hinchcliffe, Kanchelskis; Barmby, Speed, Stuart.
Booked: Short
Subs Not Used: Gerrard, Hottiger, Limpar. Unavailable: Ferguson, Ebbrell, Rideout (injured); Jackson (on loan)

Coventry City: Ogrizovic, Shaw, Williams, Daish, Richardson, Whelan (Strachan 86), Dublin, McAllister, Salako, Telfer, Borrows (Ndlovu 60)
Subs Not Used: Jess, Filan, Costello. Booked: Whelan

Screenshot_20170523-131140.jpg

As you can see...i could be the jinx of why we have no silverware from 1995

Dunlop, maybe Parker...Labone... Collins
*runs off to check

Dunlop; Parker, Green; Sharples, Labone, B. Harris; Bingham, Collins, J. Harris, Vernon, Temple.

September the 19th 1962/63 year we won the league as a young kid aged 6
v Bolton away - won 2-0 scorers Bingham and Gabriel
West
M Meagan -W Thompson
J Gabriel - B Labone - B Harris
B Bingham -D Stevens - A Young{GV}- R Vernon - J Morrissey
the year we won the league I will always remember sat in a burden park paddock sat on a crash barrier with my late father holding me steady with 6 of his mates and my older brother it was a sat on a beer crate in a bedford van job to get there;)

My first match, 1966 night game at Goodison, Brazil versus Portugal, my dad didnt usef to take to to the games bakc then as i was only 8 and he used to have a bevvie after the game, but he made an exception for this one as he said that if i live to be 100 years old, i'll never see the two players (Pele and Eusabio) equalled! Although i became a massive fan of Cruyff, i cant argue with his sentiments! So he blagged me in via the turnstiles, and i got to see Pele, Jairzinho (still my favourite player from that team) Denilson and Santos, and of course Eusabio, possibly the most elegant player i ever saw :). I couldnt even tell you who my first Everton match was againt, i am ashamed to say :(

Status
Not open for further replies.