Can't be bothered anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbal Kint

Player Valuation: £35m
Stayed away this last night as I knew the fume would have tipped me over the edge, mood is better this morning but reality has set on big time. Everton Football Club will never dine at the top table again in my lifetime. Now I know that might be a pretty ridiculous thing to say and I know ill get slaughtered by many, but I can't see how we can catch up to the likes of the Manchester Clubs, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool. Globally they are huge, they have all big stadium's, greater revenue and can attract more Investment than we can. Bad news for us is West Ham will soon join them and Southampton's playing squad is better than Everton's at the minute. They also have rich owners. Bill and the boy's have done nothing for this club in 15 years, in fact they have just added to our demise. Last year was great I enjoyed the football and the great atmosphere and buzz about the place, god we even held tea party's and mystery tours.

I also have a fair idea how this will play out, all the asset's we have on the playing field will eventually leave to win trophies and go to club's with ambiton. Evertonian's booed Ross Barkley last night, People are well entitled to Boo when they pay hard earned cash to witness that performance, but please don't moan when he join's Man City or any other team. This will eventually happen as will Stones leaving and Coleman and McCarthy.

We have missed the boat folks, No rich Russian's or Billionaires will save us, because we are not for sale. And even if we did get sold who know's how it would turn out anyway's.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum: That used to mean something and for the sake of my health and Mental health EVERTON I'M NO LONGER BOTHERED.

Last edited:
Stayed away this last night as I knew the fume would have tipped me over the edge, mood is better this morning but reality has set on big time. Everton Football Club will never dine at the top table again in my lifetime. Now I know that might be a pretty ridiculous thing to say and I know ill get slaughtered by many, but I can't see how we can catch up to the likes of the Manchester Clubs, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool. Globally they are huge, they have all big stadium's, greater revenue and can attract more Investment than we can. Bad news for us is West Ham will soon join them and Southampton's playing squad is better than Everton's at the minute. They also have rich owners. Bill and the boy's have done nothing for this club in 15 years, in fact they have just added to our demise. Last year was great I enjoyed the football and the great atmosphere and buzz about the place, god we even held tea party's and mystery tours.

I also have a fair idea how this will play out, all the asset's we have on the playing field will eventually leave to win trophies and go to club's with ambiton. Evertonian's booed Ross Barkley last night, People are well entitled to Boo when they pay hard earned cash to witness that performance, but please don't moan when we join's Man City or any other team. This will eventually happen as will Stones leaving and Coleman and McCarthy.

We have missed the boat folks, No rich Russian's or Billionaires will save us, because we are not for sale. And even if we did get sold who know's how it would turn out anyway's.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum: That used to mean something and for the sake of my health and Mental health EVERTON I'M NO LONGER BOTHERED.

So your telling me Everton will sell good players to better teams and we won't challenge for the title?

I kind of agree with the orginal post, but were you saying this the same time last year?

who has the most money is the best and we dont have a pot to piss in

article-2375236-07D2718B000005DC-472_306x475.jpg

Everton Football Club will never dine at the top table again in my lifetime. Now I know that might be a pretty ridiculous thing to say
Not if you're in your 80s, with all manner of ailments it isn't.

If you're not, I still get what you mean. I'm early 40s, and can remember (fondly) the 80s success, but our descent from the top table happened rapidly after that. And I don't expect to ever see us get back there.

Without wishing to go OT, our True Blue owner has overseen a decade and a half of stagnation, whilst clubs have been bought and transformed lot stock and barrel around us. Yes I know some haven't had success with crack pot loonies with more money than sense, but we'll never know what we could've become, as it was never a possibility.

It's amazing how much things have changed in 12 months, last season felt like we were on the cusp of exciting times ahead, a bit like 1984, now it's looking more like the dark days of 1994. I'm not sure I can cope with the stress of another last game of the season relegation battle, my nerves couldn't take it again. It's looking a tad iffy at present though.

Status
Not open for further replies.