Carabao Cup 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you really see us beating Leicester away? When was the last time we won an away game, I can't even remember!!

Huddersfield away last season, but I don't even think I can count them because they are an absolutely horrendous team

so before that was it like Newcastle in the new year

we are bad aren't we

... What's even more crazy is that after the Leicester game, the non-internationals in the squad (Schneiderlin, Walcott, Zouma, Kenny, Davies, Bernard, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, probably Digne, to name a few) will have 15 days off before our next game. I know football is a quicker, more athletic game nowadays than even 25 years ago, but FFS, how much rest do they need to avoid fatigue? Or is it more about giving squad players a run, though to the detriment of playing XI continuity?
I disagree that football is more athletic today than it was 25 years ago. The ball's lighter/softer/more aerodynamic and it looks as though they hit it harder because of it. The rest is media hype.

Looks back to our 80s team and tries to think of any modern player more of an athlete than any of them. Entire (bigger) league season, two domestic cup competitions, no international breaks, plus Europe .... We used what? 14 players?

"What do we want?"

"Europe!"

"Right then, how do we want to get there?"

"Well OBVIOUSLY not by winning a trophy we've never won before and first in well over 20 years"

"Right then, let's get a manager who doesn't care about 'winning' then"

Only the fa cup left to play for. Our season is already over in October, should we draw a team higher than us in the league in the Fa cup, no doubt we'll be out. Same old, same old.

Se if we had of beaten Southampton and got past Leicester we would have a tie against City after tonight draw, master stroke from Marko avoiding that one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.