Match Thread Cardiff City v Everton- Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure tbh. Still zonal I think. But the difference was Jagielka actually went and won some headers.

He was organising more than anything else, and then yes like you say being aggressive and moving towards the ball.

It's one game, evidently, against crap opposition. But, it shows that when the players do their jobs it can work to nullify what was Cardiff's only threat.

Jagielka can't play every game and should be our last-choice CB. The issue is, none of the other three could organise a P up in a brewery.

a win is always great , admittabley Cardiff were poor and never punished us at the start when we looked suspect , then their heads dropped once they went behind
Sigurdsson was easily the standout performer Gueye shone as well , the second half was refreshing we dominated and played some good football the goals were well worked ,

Whats going on with Richarlson though he looked lost and shattered ?

there is still a lot of work to be done at the back , at the start I was highly concerned after Coleman and Jags mistakes but IMO as the match progressed they got much better also their input IMO had the defense more organised , seems Pickford and the backs are not always on the same page

A 0-3 away win is good, no matter who you're playing against. We desperately, needed a confidence boost. Especially with the Derby being the next match. The good thing I saw last night was fight. Yes lots to improve on, but they worked hard. I am worried about Richarlison, though looks totally fed up. Maybe it was just frustration at not having a good game or the service he wanted?

good win and happy obviously

but mad some people making jags out to be some sort of savour because we kept a clean sheet, he nearly gifted them a goal minutes in due to sloppiness and got bailed out by digne

the reason we didn't concede is because Cardiff are absolutely woeful, ( same reason huddesfield didn't score a few weeks back )

played better overall to be fair, but if jags and keane start on Sunday we are going to get absolutely bummed for a laugh

Bit harsh. Lovely ball from Gueye and a very well hit finish - You'll see top 6 sides concede softer goals than that, especially if they're chasing a game.

That chest control round the player (totally meant it :o) and then gave the next defender the nuts!! lollol

A very good movie called Human Traffic was set in Cardiff.
Loved that film when I was at uni. Don't think it's aged very well tho :|
Was that Simon pegg... Or am I thinking 24hr party people?
24hr Party People had Alan Partridge in it didn't it? Human Traffic is John Simms and a very young thin, but still as cockerney as ever, Danny Dyer.

That chest control round the player (totally meant it :eek:) and then gave the next defender the nuts!! lollol

Loved that film when I was at uni. Don't think it's aged very well tho :|

24hr Party People had Alan Partridge in it didn't it? Human Traffic is John Simms and a very young thin, but still as cockerney as ever, Danny Dyer.
john simms… that's him, not peg... and yes human traffic was ace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back