Carlisle United Vs Everton - FA Cup 4th round - Sun 31st Jan - 13:30 KO

Have you ever been to an open air swimming pool in England?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rom, Barry & Delboy" All three of the above have looked jaded as of late, so a rest will be extremely beneficial in what has been a congested fixture list within January.

If we'd struggled today then maybe there would have been an argument for them playing, but we didn't. Other players have extra game time too!

If those three make an extra impact on Wednesday against Newcastle then it'll be an even better decision; we'll just have to wait and see.
They probably can't be arsed putting in a shift up front, when they know full well that our defence will let in more than we score.

All three of the above have looked jaded as of late, so a rest will be extremely beneficial in what has been a congested fixture list within January.

If we'd struggled today then maybe there would have been an argument for them playing, but we didn't. Other players have extra game time too!

If those three make an extra impact on Wednesday against Newcastle then it'll be an even better decision; we'll just have to wait and see.

Stones has also looked a bit jaded recently and i think perhaps he should be rested for a bit longer, we have cover for him. Barry deserves his place back, and Rom we simply can't do without.

Everton at a canter. A thoroughly professional performance from a very good side.

Barkley and Lennon were a cut above today.

For our part, I felt we got it all wrong. We started with 4 central midfielders, I'm guessing the plan was to make us competitive in the middle of the park. Unfortunately that left us massively exposed on the flanks - a weakness which was exploited throughout the first half, beginning with the opening goal.

The substitutions made at half time gave us a bit more width. Still, in truth we never seriously threatened to get back into it.

Can I take this opportunity to denounce any Carlisle 'fan' who chose to abuse your players, racially or otherwise. Banter is fine, abuse is not. That said, I was on the Warwick Road End and never heard anything of the sort. There was no racist chant. I guess it must have been a case of one idiot spoiling it for the rest of us.

Plenty of police around, some of them looking terrified... but no trouble that I saw. Some decent banter on the train to and from Carlisle.

Well played Toffees, hope it's your year for cup glory!

Fair enough didn't hear that on telly, found it ironic and upsetting that we are one of the only big clubs to help them and their fans were classic small time inbred no marks in their chants. Leave them to get soaked next time ungrateful beauts.
We should demand our money back and travel up there for their next home game and buzz off them whilst they try to play football on a fking marsh.

Everton at a canter. A thoroughly professional performance from a very good side.

Barkley and Lennon were a cut above today.

For our part, I felt we got it all wrong. We started with 4 central midfielders, I'm guessing the plan was to make us competitive in the middle of the park. Unfortunately that left us massively exposed on the flanks - a weakness which was exploited throughout the first half, beginning with the opening goal.

The substitutions made at half time gave us a bit more width. Still, in truth we never seriously threatened to get back into it.

Can I take this opportunity to denounce any Carlisle 'fan' who chose to abuse your players, racially or otherwise. Banter is fine, abuse is not. That said, I was on the Warwick Road End and never heard anything of the sort. There was no racist chant. I guess it must have been a case of one idiot spoiling it for the rest of us.

Plenty of police around, some of them looking terrified... but no trouble that I saw. Some decent banter on the train to and from Carlisle.

Well played Toffees, hope it's your year for cup glory!

Cheers mate.I walked to and from the Park and Ride and your fans were all dead friendly.

It was dead weird walking past all those houses with dehumidifier extracts hanging out their letterboxes. I've seen flood damage before, but never over such a large area. Hopefully they'll be back in their homes asap and it'll never be as bad again.

Great ground you've got by the way and it was ace to see it full ;)

Just a minority of their "fans" I'm sure - Ross got a standing ovation from all when he got subbed, which I thought showed a touch of class from Carlisle's supporters.
Spot on
I was stood in with Carlisle supporters and heard nothing but good things said about Everton. And the ovation Ross got surprised me and was sportsmanship at its best.
The odd idiot won't change my view of the vast majority of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.