Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely the most qualified coach we could ever hope of getting

Definition of a winner, won absolutely everything, great manager yet i can't help feel like it will turn out like Pellegrini at West ham!

Just being daft there hopefully aren't, Carlo genuinely is a world class manager
I don't know why (probably last Saturday) but I want British or German (British but successful)

Imagine being linked with all these names and then appointing Moyes. It would be a massive gamble from the board because 99% of the fans would be against it from the start and if it ended horrible then the board are going to get all the flak.
I really think this is BK pushing this and if so he needs removing from the club now because he hasn't got the clubs best interests here. He isn't listening to the people who pay their money. I have a really bad feeling about all this

I think Ancelotti may be tempted. His stock has fallen a bit though a lot may depend on whether Arsenal want him

My big concern with Carlo is whether he's taken on a job like Everton before. It'd be the biggest job he's had. Not necessarily the biggest club but the biggest job. Everywhere else he's managed in the last 20 years have been established clubs with really good squads already in place - Juventus, Milan, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, PSG. All he's needed to do is get the best out of a very good existing squad and he's been golden.

At Everton, Ancelotti would have a bigger job on his hands. He'd need to re-invent the playing staff and re-invigorate the club. It's a longer term project for any manager to get us back where we belong. My concern is whether Ancelotti has the stomach for it or even the ability to build a team from the position we currently are.

I think Ancelotti may be tempted. His stock has fallen a bit though a lot may depend on whether Arsenal want him

My big concern with Carlo is whether he's taken on a job like Everton before. It'd be the biggest job he's had. Not necessarily the biggest club but the biggest job. Everywhere else he's managed in the last 20 years have been established clubs with really good squads already in place - Juventus, Milan, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, PSG. All he's needed to do is get the best out of a very good existing squad and he's been golden.

At Everton, Ancelotti would have a bigger job on his hands. He'd need to re-invent the playing staff and re-invigorate the club. It's a longer term project for any manager to get us back where we belong. My concern is whether Ancelotti has the stomach for it or even the ability to build a team from the position we currently are.

Fair points indeed. Although it would be a nice concern to have, how he would do if he actually took the job.

It seems a strange one. I'm sure he would want assurances over the transfer budget at a time when we may soon be seeking to begin construction at BMD and despite last summers spending, there was far more of a balanced budget overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.