2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You look at these results in isolation and you’d assume we were in a relegation scrap.
99913398-F9A8-44E4-97EC-91378FD66D63.webp

:eek:

How long do you think it takes to turn a ship around just out of interest? And I'm not talking about one stuck in the Suez. He's got us sniffing distance of top 4 after one transfer window. Would you prefer Keegan style football which always looks nice but wins absolutely nothing? Top teams are always built on solid foundations and that's what I'm seeing.
Brendan Rodgers turned around Leicester quicker than what this arl dinosaur has done.

The start of the season was built on those two. Since then, they've had knocks apiece, have played not fully fit in spurts, and our paper thin squad has been exposed over and over again.

Ancelotti is not blameless. His subs at times have left me scratching my head and there's been games he's blatantly got away with some bad errors. But he's also had the odd masterclass tactically too. I just think, on balance, we can't do better than him, and if we're ever going to give a manager time it has to be him.

The club wrote off the season in January when they decided not to have a go in the transfer window and see what happens. I gave up then - as far as I'm concerned the plan is to have a proper go in the summer.
The only signing available to us in January was King. What were you looking for them to do?

How can anyone blame him for that we made more than enough chances to win the game. My only slight criticism is maybe he should have brought King on for James but we can all be genuis' after the event.
We really should have beaten them like 4-1. I’ll blame the strikers.

Same as allardyce isnt it? Oh no, we went 3 games in a row without a shot on target and you thought he was great lol either you aren't v intelligent or you're a contrarian
Allardyce came in to do a very specific job of keeping us up and achieved it comfortably.

I see no such requirements placed on what some have described as the worlds best manager.

Anyone else truly hate watching us play,it’s an absolute slug fest every game ,it’s like Carlos idea of hell is winning a match 3-0 it’s either 1-0 or nothing ,all on the coaching team this I make palace the 10/11th side to come to goodison including bottom of the championship Rotherham and have unbelievable amounts of the ball

5 at the back against Palace... What a joke
2 defensive subs when we needed to put the sword to them... What a joke.

You are not covering yourself in glory Mr Ancelotti. As much to blame if we fail to get Europe as the players are.

Last edited:

The football is dire, but let's remember its still half a squad that looked like getting us in trouble before he came, saying that we so slow all over the midfield its unbelievable, I have more or less given up on this season about a month a go, for all the talk we look like at team and a manager going thought the motions.

Still just having to deal with far too much of previous managers rubbish. I’m finding it hard to judge any manager when they have to put up with Davies Siggurdson Gomes Keane. Until these players are out of the squad I’m not sure we’ll ever progress. They could throw a game from any position. Siggurdson and Keane almost cost us a goal by the pair of them falling over a stationary ball. Davies has been caught numerous times by opposition players and got punished at Burnley and almost again today. They’re just terrible players, I’m sick of the sight of them, they’ve plagued Everton for years, just get out of the club please. If this lot drag Carlo Ancelotti down I’ll never forgive them. Just terminate their contracts now and get rid of them. Pay them off. Whatever it takes to get them out the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back