Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no. I don’t blame him for last week. He was still experimenting with some pieces to try and make up for the lack of Richarlison. This week he deserves a large chunk of the blame. I’D hope that it was a wake up call for him that he isn’t infallible either. You can’t just roll out with a nothing strategy like that and expect to get any type of result. 5 central midfielders ffs

I think when you are constantly starting Gomes and giving Iwobi yet another chance that you've got to be questioned on your rationale. We were likely to lose today without our three best creative players, but you've got to give yourself a chance. Gomes and Iwobi just are not up to it.

And no. I don’t blame him for last week. He was still experimenting with some pieces to try and make up for the lack of Richarlison. This week he deserves a large chunk of the blame. I’D hope that it was a wake up call for him that he isn’t infallible either. You can’t just roll out with a nothing strategy like that and expect to get any type of result. 5 central midfielders ffs
we would relegate and ppl would still say "i dont blame him" this forum can be weird sometimes

If that was an experiment at a more 'defensive' set up then it failed miserably. We're gonna keep conceding 2 every game until the end of time at this rate..
Defensively we were fine. We were undone by a daft penalty and the second goal is down to the changes we made. We had 0 goal threat though which is the issue

Carlo is a good manager, everyone knows that. However nobody could get much out of the remnants that played today. We have so much dross it will take another 2 years to get rid of them all. Midtable should be fine this season.
I disagree with this completely.

Nkounkou and Gordon on the left was the play today, not playing with the slowest midfield we have ever seen. Leaving Gordon on the be ch today is a joke - fast, can use either foot, and is very hungry to prove himself. Compare that to Sigurdsson. Can see what Carlo was trying with Tosun for a bit more pressure up top to an extent, but what we needed was more energy, creativity and wide threat across the front line.

Second week Carlo has had a role to play in a defeat. He's not perfect, and I'd still rather have him than any dross we've had since Royle, but he's not infallible either.

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti for the first time has lost consecutive league matches since September 2014, with Real Madrid in La Liga

Wow, impressive like

Get impression he was playing for a draw, with hope of maybe nicking one at a corner or free kick, he got it wrong today no doubt. Hate... To use them as an example. But No full backs, salah and mane they would feel it. Our squad is absolutely shocking though and the money spent on some of them makes me cringe.
I think so too. But it is a tactic that is very risky, and that rarely pays off. I also think it's psychologically wrong. We do not meet Barcelona at the Nou Camp, but Newcastle with players like Darlow, Murphy, Schaar, Longstaff, Hendrick, etc. It is a terribly bad team, and a team we should not fear. And if the only thing we are going to base our game on is JR's brilliance, and crosses, then it will be a long season.

That was a real horror show. I know we're missing players and he's working with players he didn't buy, but genuinely I expect better performances from a manager with his record/experience.

Do we just accept that he can't improve any of the players he inherited (OK DCL has improved) but Siggurdsson, Gomes, Iwobi, Delph, Bernard? I see managers go into clubs and improve players all the time - Klopp, Rodgers, Mourinho, Bielsa, Hassenhuttl?

We don't have many leaders in that team but Siggurdsson as captain is a joke - Digne, DCL, Keane, Allan all better options.

Nothing against Godfrey, sure the lad will be good but another pacy winger/striker was the priority. Everyone could see that.

Not playing Gordon was nuts.

It all just feels a bit too reasonable, easy-going, low energy. We need intensity, volatility, cos we've tried the nicey nicey approach with this firm and it doesn't work.

They didn't pose any threat until the penalty. We started the 2nd half better.

They forced Olsen into two saves and really should have tested him early on when Keane mistimed the bounce over the top and Wilson (I think) was through. They hardly did anything other than that but it was more than we did.

Carlo is the best manager we have had for years. But why does it take maybe 15 to 20 passes just to get the ball over the half way line even when the opposition are not applying any pressure. Today I can't remember us playing any counter attacks, it all seemed to be played like we had to build from the back. With the team we had out today we were not good enough to play that kind of a game.

Hes had 1 window, he's still having to work with the tripe left over from previous managers. Today we where without Digne, Coleman, Richarlison and James. How would klopp do without the equivalent in Robinson, taa, Mane and salah ? Carlos the least of our problems.

not to praise teeth but he did not like what he found there in terms of attitude and so moved almost all of them on, quite rapidly in some cases

that is what needs to happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back