2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
These final 4 games and battle for Europa qualification is where Carlo's vast experience of winning things will come into fruition. He has been there and done this many times and will be engineering the best chance of winning each game individually with the tools he has got no matter how it looks and no matter what it takes.

Nothing is a given and we could full short especially with our abysmal home form but I definitely wouldn't want anyone else in charge of us for these final games. If Carlo cannot do it then i seriously doubt anyone could.

One game at a time starting at Villa.

COYB's

You can't get through many good universities without courses on things like philosophy and religion. You can get through almost all of them without touching statistics, much less the most basic applications such as linear regression.

And then people wonder why science isn't respected, or why bad science is commonly accepted. If you don't give people the tools to discriminate good information from bad, they'll tend to believe whatever they're predisposed to believe.
Ahahaaaaaa it's the pesky Liberal arts taught at University that are to blame for people not valuing xG and science!

Please present evidence for this assertion please good sir. Statistical or otherwise.

Ahahaaaaaa it's the pesky Liberal arts taught at University that are to blame for people not valuing xG and science!

Please present evidence for this assertion please good sir. Statistical or otherwise.

Course catalogs are widely available on the internet. Usually, the graduation requirements are included in the catalog. I'm not aware of any major universities that compel undergraduates to take a research method class as a condition of graduation, though I wouldn't rule out a change since the last time I looked at a catalog. I'm aware of plenty that have or had compulsory philosophy or religion courses within our lifetimes.

In general, any compulsory research methods classes are taught at the graduate level, which most people don't reach. In practice, what you have to know in order to function in many of the resulting professions is to stay current on generally accepted best practices for one's area of work - which is not necessarily the same as distinguishing good research from bad.

This has little to do with whether or not you value xG - a treatment of its merits and flaws are well beyond the scope of any conversation here. But if you want to know why people broadly believe bogus research on vaccines, I'd posit that there'd be less of that if we actually taught people to discern good research from bad.

It would not surprise me if a few journos either post , have accounts or just browse here to get fan reactions to the team and management and use that sentiment in their articles
God knows what they make of RAWK and the APLT

Its a nailed on certainty they do.

We have been quoted in plenty of "quality" journos pieces, and a transfer rumour that got into print was a spoof one on here a few years ago.

I remember that
Kenwayne Jones if I remember correctly
He even kicked up at Sunderland and demanded a transfer

Yep. Spot on.

A while ago, we go an email from some paper or magazine asking us not to use their content in posts on here. So we kept an eye on them, (the posts), and deleted a few. A few months later, the same paper or magazine was lifting posts off here in their articles.
Its why we dont allow Athletic articles to be posted as a cut and paste; we respect their business model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back