Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because its Real Madrid and its hard to turn them down. Be naive to think that he would just say no to that job considering his success there and the lure of the club - even if they are in a mess, its still Real Madrid. And face it, he only has to be better than 2 teams. Here he needs to be better than 2 or 3 other teams and we arnt even close to competing for trophies.

I dont want him to go, even though ive questioned him at times, but I can fully understand if he wants to go.

He's 61, he's managed at Madrid and commented before how he didn't really like the city life, didn't like the media etc, and doesn't like the 'corporate' clubs anymore.

It would seem a weird move given what he's previously said, is all.

Well, yeah, I know we're a mess too. I just mean, Madrid are a proper mess, he's banged on loads about how he loves the area in Liverpool, loves not being at a 'business' club. Dunno, would be a weird move.

They got to the CL semi finals, and could still win the league on the last day. Meanwhile we finished 10th.

Both sides need a rebuild but I’d much rather do that at Madrid.

If Real do want Carlo Ancelotti I hope our Club just stands back and let what happens happen, I don't want to see us go into 'panic mode' and start throwing more money at Ancelotti in an attempt to keep him at Everton.

For what we are paying him if he did leave we could at least hope to attract a good manager / up and coming one especially when a lot of the top sides are potless at the moment hence why the likes of Conte and Zidane have done one.

The reality is at present Silva and Allardyce have finished higher than Carlo with lesser squads - I hope he stays but wont be losing sleep if he doesn't based on the last 18 months all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back