2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got a Conte or Biesla type in to replace him would anyone truly be bothered based on these last 18 months?

As long as its not Howe or Potter.

I think this is sensible way of looking at it. I'm not as critical as Ancelotti as you and think he did a good job, but we are going t have a massive compo fee to put towards a new manager and upwards of £10m a season. We are also not mid season in relegation trouble, and have finished with nearly double the points of the relegation zone. We are in a much stronger position than before. If Ancelotti were to go, I'd be thankful for that.

Bielsa would probably have the wriggle room to have time to implement his ideas now. We can lose a few points short term and be fine. Conte (or even Benitez) would be a continuation. All 3 would probably be very interested in the £10m+ per season we could pay.

Maybe even Ten Haag or Galtier could be options too.

But honestly, if Conte comes in and Ancelotti goes out and we are 10m+ richer for the pay out fee for Ancelotti, it's not a downgrade. I'm not jumping for joy either, but it's not a disaster at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back