Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't take this personally at all. Just like with Koeman and Silva who couldn't get out of their respective clubs quickly enough to come to us, when a bigger fish comes calling in football the end result is usually nailed on.

Real Madrid are still very much balls to the wall for the European Super League and they are in major need of a rebuild with many ageing stars without much money to replace them. Not too mention Zidane's scathing open letter. This move could go very, very wrong for him so the fact he was willing to take this gamble meant that Everton meant nothing to him and he was always intending to leave at the first opportunity.

I think once the shock of today's events wears off, we'll be thankful to be rid of a manager who never really wanted to be here.

The boardroom needs a major reality check of where Everton are as a club right now. We need to appoint a manager who has a tried and tested record of taking a club from obscurity into European football. We need to recruit players from sides below us who are eager to improve, not players who have failed at the elite level and have lost their motivation.

Ratted us, big time. Managers will always come and go but not all of them, even those who are dumping you, do it in such a classless way. He's bare-faced lied to the fanbase, the players and the club staff.

Please move to the World Football forum mods, would much rather just pretend he was never here and the last 18 months were lost to Covid-19.

People blaming him but the reality is we were a holding operation for him, we got lucky that he was out of work when we fired Silva, and had to overpay massively salary wise, in addtion to giving him what was apparently the most favourable get out clause ever. I assume if we had fired him, he would have got his contract paid up in full, while he was able to walk away more or less scott free.

Aren’t we supposed to get a few highs to go along with the lows? Ffs why’s it always lows with us

We did, we hired Carlo, then James, we were top of the table and no.1 in the charts. Even 8 games out and CL football was still in our hands. We had blasted off.

Then in the last 3 weeks we have plummeted faster than a washing machine being thrown from an airplane. I would like to put forward this as a graph of our season.

6eg.gif

I agree mate some of the football is the worst I’ve ever seen. If playing for Carlo ancelotti isn’t enough to give you a kick up the arse no other manager will sadly
But perhaps it’s his way of coaching and it didn’t work, or he’s getting to old and the interest in a project like Everton isn’t really there (Well today has proved that) he didn’t give one jot about Everton. I’m sure a new manager could get good things out of some of our players. As much as I liked having James here for me the alarm bells rang, he want really a player we needed at that point.

I don't take this personally at all. Just like with Koeman and Silva who couldn't get out of their respective clubs quickly enough to come to us, when a bigger fish comes calling in football the end result is usually nailed on.

Real Madrid are still very much balls to the wall for the European Super League and they are in major need of a rebuild with many ageing stars without much money to replace them. Not too mention Zidane's scathing open letter. This move could go very, very wrong for him so the fact he was willing to take this gamble meant that Everton meant nothing to him and he was always intending to leave at the first opportunity.

I think once the shock of today's events wears off, we'll be thankful to be rid of a manager who never really wanted to be here.

The boardroom needs a major reality check of where Everton are as a club right now. We need to appoint a manager who has a tried and tested record of taking a club from obscurity into European football. We need to recruit players from sides below us who are eager to improve, not players who have failed at the elite level and have lost their motivation.
Christopher Galtier. Lille. Very good record and ideal for us.
However, I've no idea if he speaks English

But perhaps it’s his way of coaching and it didn’t work, or he’s getting to old and the interest in a project like Everton isn’t really there (Well today has proved that) he didn’t give one jot about Everton. I’m sure a new manager could get good things out of some of our players. As much as I liked having James here for me the alarm bells rang, he want really a player we needed at that point.
We need a young hungry manager who has a plan n set style of plan agreed with the DOF. As time goes on I’m unsure how much influence brands truly has. His recruitment policy went out the window as soon as Carlo came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back