Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll come under massive pressure now over the December period, but really if these players get Carlo Ancelotti fired then there’s no hope for anyone at this club.

I’ve said it time and time again. Until the likes of Pickford, Mina, Keane, Kenny, Coleman Davies, Sigurdsson etc. are out of the team and we get some players in which a actually push the first 11 then we won’t move forward. We’ll just have a worse manager than Ancelotti managing the same group of awful players that have failed three managers in a row. The best player on the pitch was Godfrey today, a recent signing who looked aggressive and hungry. If we fire another manager it just tells all those useless players that they can do the exact same thing with the next one.

Ancelotti has to outlast the crap in this squad if we ever want to progress.

I agree. Overall we have a lot of average to poor players. When it comes to Keane, Mina, Pickford Iwobi and Delph, how many of those players would get into the teams we are trying to compete with?

Give Anchelloti 12 months and 2 more windows and we'll be headed in the right direction.

Impossibily Carlo has now settled on a worse emergency full back set up than when Fat Scam was deploying Cuco and Kenny on a routine basis.

But even then, you knew why. It did make sense with the resources available. Round(ish) pegs for round holes.

Carlo could the same, albeit I'd feel genuinely horrible for Nkounko if he is a worse player than Cuco.

If Nkoukou cant get in this team he may aswell pack up and head home, no hope for him......

I agree. Overall we have a lot of average to poor players. When it comes to Keane, Mina, Pickford Iwobi and Delph, how many of those players would get into the teams we are trying to compete with?

Give Anchelloti 12 months and 2 more windows and we'll be headed in the right direction.

When the first 11 are on the pitch fully fit then we’re a decent team. If a single one of them is missing anywhere apart from at centreback we can’t carry whoever comes in. I wish this wasn’t the case but it’s proving to be so. We showed we can’t replace Richarlison out wide. If James isn’t playing we may as wel pack it in. Sigurdsson or Davies can’t cover any of the three midfield positions. We have no viable option that Carlo trusts at fullback if Digne and Coleman aren’t fit. As soon as the first 11 is tampered with we expose our back three of Pickford Keane and Mina who are awful and we get punished for it.

A fully fit team and we probably win one of the games v Burnley or Leeds and we wouldn’t be in bad shape. I know every side has injuries but other teams in the top 6 can bring genuine quality off their bench. We bring players who might not even be premier league quality off the bench. Tosun Sigurdsson Davies Kenny Lossl Delph. It’s just complete and utter garbage in every position once you scratch below the first 11.

We have Digne Allan Richarlison James and DCL who I would class as top 6 quality.

We then have Holgate Godfrey Doucoure Gomes (being generous) who I would say are good enough to support them in a squad.

The rest are just nowhere near the required standard.

Ancelotti effectively has 5 players to try and win games with and pray they don’t get any injuries or suspensions. Some of the managers he’s against have 22 players of the quality required.

That's the way I see it Toff. When it comes down to tactics etc then he deserves grief if it's down to him, but calling for his head is daft. What I would say though in regards to backroom staff is a lot of credit goes to big Dunc because he's brought Lewin on leaps and bounds.
100% with Dunc though DCL himself has said it's Carlo who has told him to stick in the box, too.

Carlo's main issue seems to be refusing to pick the back-ups we have for certain positions purely because they're young. It's daft.

God knows what we're gonna do against Chelsea next week.

Maybe he has. Apart from the players he’s brought in these are the same players that had 15 points from 15 games last season under Silva. A lot of them are the same that got Koeman fired and then played some awful turgid stuff under Allardyce. Has anyone thought that maybe this is as good as it gets for some of them?
Today we played with AD, Allan, Godfrey, and JR, who are all Ancelotti signings (4/11) + DCL (top scorer PL), Richarlison (according to some too good for Everton) (6/11). Pickford and Keane (English national team players) (8/11). Mina (Colombian national team player, FIFA ranked 12) (9/11). Iwobi (Nigerian national team player) (10/11). Delph (former English national team player) (11/11). Compare that to Burnley.

When the first 11 are on the pitch fully fit then we’re a decent team. If a single one of them is missing anywhere apart from at centreback we can’t carry whoever comes in. I wish this wasn’t the case but it’s proving to be so. We showed we can’t replace Richarlison out wide. If James isn’t playing we may as wel pack it in. Sigurdsson or Davies can’t cover any of the three midfield positions. We have no viable option that Carlo trusts at fullback if Digne and Coleman aren’t fit. As soon as the first 11 is tampered with we expose our back three of Pickford Keane and Mina who are awful and we get punished for it.

A fully fit team and we probably win one of the games v Burnley or Leeds and we wouldn’t be in bad shape. I know every side has injuries but other teams in the top 6 can bring genuine quality off their bench. We bring players who might not even be premier league quality off the bench. Tosun Sigurdsson Davies Kenny Lossl Delph. It’s just complete and utter garbage in every position once you scratch below the first 11.

We have Digne Allan Richarlison James and DCL who I would class as top 6 quality.

We then have Holgate Godfrey Doucoure Gomes (being generous) who I would say are good enough to support them in a squad.

Ancelotti effectively has 5 players to try and win games with and pray they don’t get any injuries or suspensions. Some of the managers he’s against have 22 players of the quality required.

Sums it up perfectly!

Ironically three of those are the reason we get anything today

Bring in someone else.
Same issues. Vast majority of the squad is limited.
Rodriguez
Richarlison
Allan
Calvert lewin
Digne
The rest. Pure mid table bang average fodder.
Goes a lot deeper than ancelloti this. The recruitment before he arrived is affecting this club big time. Hello brands.
Where we are sitting is actualy a true reflection of this unbalanced squad.

Add to that he's brought in a world class talent, turned a striker into one of the best in the league, brought in a midfield (still needs work).

Theres still problems, we don't have any depth. We've had a settled side up until the derby. The backup isn't of a standard that he can trust...hence why he's made changes in every game since the derby be it formations or personnel.

We'll see what happens in January. But it's the long game as long as we back him.

You can slate the players all you want but look at Keane - he was decent today, but regardless, Carlo likes him. He's the first-choice CB.

Same with Pickford.

Same with Iwobi being in as first sub/option for a few positions.

We have overhauled this squad loads in the last few years so people need to stop saying 'it's the players'.

It's a combination of a load of factors, and yes we need better players, but you can't just pin it down to one thing or a few players who happen to have been here the longest. And if you are going to, don't single out a few players who, like it or not, probably got us a point today.

The manager is also the one who plays them.

No-one was more excited than me when CA was announced, I was absolutely made up...

But why was he sacked from Napoli? They only lost 16 games in 73. He now rocks up at Everton and has already lost 11 in 34. What if he has lost it? How Everton would that be?

Gutted to say this but the jury is still out and we have seen some very bizarre decisions! Needs to turn it around but I`m not sure that is possible, certainly not this month. Looking at the next 3 months in fact looks remarkably difficult.... It would be interesting to know how many points you guys will feel we will get from that. I reckon 4 from Jan, 3 from Feb and 3 from Feb thats 10 points from 3 months and 15 games. Dont forget form at the moment is 1 win in 7 so it is in keeping with that.

Dec
Chelsea (H)
Leicester (A)
Arsenal (H)
Man Utd (H) Carabao Cup
Sheffield Utd (A)
Man City (H)

Jan
West Ham (H)
Rotherham (H) FA Cup
Wolves (A)
Villa (A)
Leicester (H)
Newcastle (H)

Feb
Leeds (A)
Man Utd (A)
Fulham (H)
Liverpool (A)
Southampton (H)

1607201114601.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back