2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1601913093995.webp
    FB_IMG_1601913093995.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 198
Gah I love that quote about football under the James line. Football is a simple game
Thats why all this heat maps,XA ,XG ,zone 13 ,false 9 ,inverted winger crap bugs the life out of me
99 times out of a hunderd 11 good players will beat 11 average and bad players
Once they all know their job and do it it really is simple
4-4-2.
4-3-3
4-2-3-1
They all make no no difference once you have good players

Utd May struggle to attract a decent manager tbh. It’s a massive job there and doesn’t look great goings on at board level.
Moshiri has backed Ancelotti,and more to come
Will United ?
They are hemorrhaging cash with no match day revenue
Why not just go and pay the money for Sancho
They were just 20 m short or something
Give Kronke his due he has backed Arteta

Great signings and brilliant football being played thus far. Ancelotti has done well. We need to take it one game at a time, we have a bigger squad now and money if any players are needed in January or next summer. Excellent so far.

Today i learned that the last game Carlo Fantastico managed in the Premier League was at Goodison when Beckford's wonder solo goal won it for us. That means something something something written in the stars yeah?

I'm surprised he wanted to come to us given the memories. He was given a mauling that day with the 'you're getting sacked in the morning' chants. Turns out he didn't even get that long, he was fired while still at Goodison.

If memory serves me right he was let go for coming 2nd after winning a double the year before! Madness...

Today i learned that the last game Carlo Fantastico managed in the Premier League was at Goodison when Beckford's wonder solo goal won it for us. That means something something something written in the stars yeah?

I had a little giggle to myself watching that not long ago. Just after beckford scored Goodison was singing to Carlo you're getting sacked in the morning.

Thats why all this heat maps,XA ,XG ,zone 13 ,false 9 ,inverted winger crap bugs the life out of me
99 times out of a hunderd 11 good players will beat 11 average and bad players
Once they all know their job and do it it really is simple
4-4-2.
4-3-3
4-2-3-1
They all make no no difference once you have good players

It's funny we've heard nothing on complex systems and all that nonsense from Ancelotti as well have we? None of this tica tica, or gegen-pressing or other cringey labels to essentially characterise things that have been in football since it's inception (press your opponents and pass the ball). He seems to be above needing to invent stupid labels to make himself look better.

Take Saturday, 1st half we swarmed them, and played high posession. 2nd half we sat deep and spring on the counter. Yet the gaggle of hacks that surround footballs eco stream try to tell us you can only play 1 way. It's complete nonsense. Ancelotti has shown them up, as to a degree even Dean Smith has this season.

Moshiri has backed Ancelotti,and more to come
Will United ?
They are hemorrhaging cash with no match day revenue
Why not just go and pay the money for Sancho
They were just 20 m short or something
Give Kronke his due he has backed Arteta

It's simple really. The clubs with the biggest revenues pre Covid (commercial particularly) are going to be hardest hit by Covid, both in absolute and relative terms.

People in football make me laugh with the fatalism of the game. Like it's impossible for United not to finish in the top 10. Businesses 10 x the size of United could conceivably fold in this recession. Cineworld takes 10 x what United do and they are shutting down. Yet people can't get their heads around the idea a side might slip further down the pecking order a bit.

I'll be honest, I am surprised there was as much sending as there was this summer. I think the postponement of FFP helped a lot. There will be mssive debts soon for all of the top 6 teams with huge wahe bills they can't pay. United are just the 1st.

One thing I've learned in business too, no matter how big you are, when organisations have to start going into reverse, very few manage that transition well. If you're mates losing his job, or you're being paid less, or you're not getting your bonus, or not getting your company car, or having to work longer eyes unpaid etc, it doesn't matter if you work in a big or small business, morale gets sapped either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back