Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we went for a 442 for example then the wide players would need to be signed...we would need 2 starters + the right back.

Wingers cost big money which is one way to go.

The other is the 442 diamond or 352 where we would still need the right back but also a central midfielder and centre back to rotate.

These two formations which rely on wing backs for width would probably enable us to sign better a quality player...

E.g if we had £100mil - Aarons for 35mil = £65mil.

With that £65mil we could sign a centre back to rotate for £10mil then have £55mil for a super central midfielder.

Alternatively the £65mil could be split between two wingers.

Id not be opposed to either especially with the current opportunities in the market + money from sales to be added.
Zat, why are buying another centre back

We don't know what he says privately to them.

The media game is just that, a game.

I genuinely wonder if Managers are really trying to take the pressure off the players.. or in fact they are trying to take the pressure off themselves.

I struggle to see how a player can hear two messages.. one behind closed doors that "We can do it!!" and then a minute later your manager steps out in front of the cameras and says "its too soon for these players and we aren't there yet" .. Mixed messages.

I may not be a football coach but business, parenting, whatever is forever talking up positive psychology. Employees and even our kids are told what we can achieve and what we can do if we put our minds to it.. .but footballers.. no these fragile beings need to be told "don't worry about that 4th spot... it'll be nice if we can get it, but rest well, don't even think about it, if anyone will get it, it will be that lot cos they have XYZ"...

For the record I don't think Carlo has been as bad as many. For me he has never taken 4th off the table so I don't have an issue with him. Moyes was the worst. Utd were in with a real shout earlier in the season and Solskjaer says no.. then they start to drop points.. did he undermine the team confidence by saying they couldn't or was he right? I'm speaking more generally about Managers as a whole and this culture of "Not our time"

No if Chelsea and RS draw we will stay 4th on 46 points.
I was replying to a poster who said we only go fourth if Liverpool and Chelsea draw
I said we will go fourth if we win and be there for at least 2 hours as Chelsea and Liverpool play after us
Therefore we will be fourth if we win ,
It may be short-lived but we will go fourth with a victory

I genuinely wonder if Managers are really trying to take the pressure off the players.. or in fact they are trying to take the pressure off themselves.

I struggle to see how a player can hear two messages.. one behind closed doors that "We can do it!!" and then a minute later your manager steps out in front of the cameras and says "its too soon for these players and we aren't there yet" .. Mixed messages.

I may not be a football coach but business, parenting, whatever is forever talking up positive psychology. Employees and even our kids are told what we can achieve and what we can do if we put our minds to it.. .but footballers.. no these fragile beings need to be told "don't worry about that 4th spot... it'll be nice if we can get it, but rest well, don't even think about it, if anyone will get it, it will be that lot cos they have XYZ"...

For the record I don't think Carlo has been as bad as many. For me he has never taken 4th off the table so I don't have an issue with him. Moyes was the worst. Utd were in with a real shout earlier in the season and Solskjaer says no.. then they start to drop points.. did he undermine the team confidence by saying they couldn't or was he right? I'm speaking more generally about Managers as a whole and this culture of "Not our time"
our set of players always seem to buckle under any sort of pressure. Hoping this season with Carlo and finally beating the RS will be different, plus we have been too for a while this season. Need to stop throwing away chances and tomorrow a chance

You definitely get the feeling the culture around the club from the inside has been allowed to descend over the years to sort of acceptance that we were mid table and couldn't catch them above us. I think that's why we see the lethargic performances.

I do think it looks like we are seeing a bit of a change in that respect. That's down to Carlo making the players believe in themselves and he likes professionalism around the club, he gives the players a lot of responsibility in this regard but he does demand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back