Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only chance of getting near 4th is if we don't lose any of our remaining 9 games.

Past seasons has anything from 66-75 points getting you 4th.

We've got 27 points left to play for. Currently sitting on 46 points. Need 20 points minimum.

Not impossible but a bit of a stretch.

I've walked in here, with Everton being 6 points away from champions league football with two games in hand, to see a debate around Ancelotti. A manager who has signed three proper first team players, a 6 month gamble on a back up striker/winger, a young left back on a free transfer, a back up goalie because our back up was crap and a young prospect at centre half who has surprised everyone. Who has been using a squad assembled by about four different managers (Silva, Allardyce, Koeman, are we counting Moyes for Coleman?). The three first team players he's signed, all of them have spent or will spend at least two months out injured. Our actual strongest 11 players have taken to the pitch 6 times, of which we won 5 of them games and drew 1. Also there was a global pandemic for most of his tenure where no fans could attend any stadiums and all over the world football clubs lost revenue which made transfer dealings extremely difficult. Despite this, fans would agree he's stabilised the form of some of the most maligned players at the club (Keane, Davies, Calvert Lewin). He got us over a major mental block by winning a first away derby in over 20 years, won at a top 6 ground for the first time in years. Even though this is the same core of players that have had three managers sacked (Pickford, Keane, Coleman, Sigurdson, Holgate, Walcott, Tosun, DCL, Davies, were all here for Koeman, Allardyce, Silva or a combination of the two) and the rest were a squad built for a different manager, lets blame Ancelotti,

No way lads on here actually want Carlo out. If we had a different manager not only would James and Allan not be here, but we'd be sat comfortably mid table instead of within a few points of Champions League football, something that hasn't happened since 2004. We haven't even been challenging for top 4 since Martinez's first year. Ridiculous whining from these trolls.

Would we have all took this in August ?

Into April and still in the mix for Champions lge & even Europa.
2 games in hand , 10 left and the squad looking nearer full strength ( Doucoure apart )
Not a bad position to be in.

Also 2 cup QF where we lost to the 2 teams who currently sit 1st and 2nd. A kinder draw and we could have been where Spurs are in the League Cup and Southampton are in the FA Cup.

I would definitely have took this position at the start of the season. My target was top 6 and a decent cup run. My minimum requirement was top 8 which is almost sealed. My dream was obviously winning the league or at least qualifying for the Champions League the latter is still possible. In fact winning the league is still mathematically possible that can't have been the case in April very often.

Ancelotti will turn us into winners it will just take a little bit of time. 3/4 top quality signings in the summer and we kick on again.

Also 2 cup QF where we lost to the 2 teams who currently sit 1st and 2nd. A kinder draw and we could have been where Spurs are in the League Cup and Southampton are in the FA Cup.

I would definitely have took this position at the start of the season. My target was top 6 and a decent cup run. My minimum requirement was top 8 which is almost sealed. My dream was obviously winning the league or at least qualifying for the Champions League the latter is still possible. In fact winning the league is still mathematically possible that can't have been the case in April very often.

Ancelotti will turn us into winners it will just take a little bit of time. 3/4 top quality signings in the summer and we kick on again.
A kinder draw? All our FA cup games at home.

Ahhhh right. :Blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back