2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Carlo would have got us established as a team competing regularly for top 6 and leaving a decent side for the next manager to follow but all that's happened is he has left a massive mess and it's a hell of a job for whoever comes in. Is this a job a decent manager wants to get involved with? The worry is if we have no transfer strategy for the new season and replace ageing players and ship out the players who simply aren't good enough, we are going to limp through another season with a complete lack of depth.

I feel personally let down by Ancelotti who came into our club, gave us genuine hope (or at least more than the previous four managers) and yet over the last 18 months has achieved not much more than any of the others. He clearly didn’t take much encouragement to bail out and despite his obvious track record managed to achieve almost zero with us. The derby victory and a couple of other buck the trend victories just seem a bit hollow right now. He’s definitely gone down in my estimate despite his standing in the game.
Don't feel let down, there is no loyalty in football these days whatsoever, I don't feel anything with what's happened, one of the best club's in the world are looking for a manager a d we have one of the best managers in the world job done, cheerio Carlo.
That's football and that's so Everton.

Last edited:
Gutted, thought he would see it out. No doubt the season was a failure. But as previously said the players are poor.
Worried for next season, more instability, no plan and still poor players on the books.
Yikes.

Not surprised and not bothered about this tbh. Carlo is obviously a top manager but not sure it was ever the correct fit here. Wish him well.
Going forward we need proven quality, but younger and willing to build. Im not buying the Howe or Potter shouts. Conte would be perfect for us.

4 cancelled subscriptions alread. A lot of indifference in the chat. But I've had to tell a few people raging what type of club Madrid are and why carlo would jump when they say so. Its comfort them a bit. But really need to put the work in now to save a few westy vergers. I'll be doing gods work. The club should be giving me commission! Lol

PS I'm joking about wanting commission from club just in case UK and Northern Ireland Evertonians jump down my throat.
I know you’re trying to be funny here mate, but you lot will never understand what carlo meant to the club. He really really got us. Gutted here

The way I look at carlo was like the teacher for a advanced or gifted class where the students could be provided autonomy and that space would enable them to thrive. We need a teacher that fully immerses themselves in the students development and exerts a greater level of structure. His approach didn't mesh with our abysmal squad

Gutted, thought he would see it out. No doubt the season was a failure. But as previously said the players are poor.
Worried for next season, more instability, no plan and still poor players on the books.
Yikes.
Sadly this. Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Davies etc all given more time to put in another 38 games of dire performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.