Carlos Quick Reply box

What's everyone up to today then? I see Arch is away on a road trip. I'm on the lookout for a new whip. The old chariot is in need of an update being 16 years old now. See if I can get something mid 2010s to cruise around in for the foreseeable.
Where did this come from? I believe it's origin is American, I know it means car, but where's the connection?
Next door are back from the Canaries and have made a ton of noise this morning when I was happy in bed (hammers and drills) and have been quiet for nearly two hours now, so I'm planning midnights revenge.

Where did this come from? I believe it's origin is American, I know it means car, but where's the connection?
Next door are back from the Canaries and have made a ton of noise this morning when I was happy in bed (hammers and drills) and have been quiet for nearly two hours now, so I'm planning midnights revenge.
Assumed it came from the whip you had to make the horse and cart go faster.

The joys of sharing a wall Rita. We had an old lady beside us for the first 10 years at our current home. Then a young family moved in. Amazing what you can hear at times. Thankfully the old dear was as deaf as a post.

Assumed it came from the whip you had to make the horse and cart go faster.

The joys of sharing a wall Rita. We had an old lady beside us for the first 10 years at our current home. Then a young family moved in. Amazing what you can hear at times. Thankfully the old dear was as deaf as a post.
I'm not sure where you're going with the deafness aspect, you see initially I thought fight club... "A foot of concrete is important when your next-door neighbor lets their hearing aid go and have to watch game-shows at full volume." but then you've suggested you've heard all sorts* when the young* family moved in instead. "Thankfully" for the old dear eh? :lol: (You and the boss a bit noisy and a bit lively at times huh?)

I'm not sure where you're going with the deafness aspect, you see initially I thought fight club... "A foot of concrete is important when your next-door neighbor lets their hearing aid go and have to watch game-shows at full volume." but then you've suggested you've heard all sorts* when the young* family moved in instead. "Thankfully" for the old dear eh? :lol: (You and the boss a bit noisy and a bit lively at times huh?)
Old Mary, is that you?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back