2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has deserved to have been used more than he has.
Not a top quality striker but certainly a decent option.
He’s been used a lot to be fair. I think last night was his 20th game of the season. You’re right, he’s ok, decent, not bad, however you want to put it. One goal in his last fifteen starts though, probably explains why he’s usually on the bench.

He’s been used a lot to be fair. I think last night was his 20th game of the season. You’re right, he’s ok, decent, not bad, however you want to put it. One goal in his last fifteen starts though, probably explains why he’s usually on the bench.

Think the system certainly suited him yesterday as well.

He always had support from Richarlison, which meant he could drop in and hold the ball up.

I've been critical and we definitely need another striker soon, but he did well last night.

I have a hunch we'll get a striker in if Gana goes, though.

A far better option from the start than Calvert Lewin at the moment. Whether he has the pace or ability to make an impact in this Everton side remains to be seen but I would give him a run of games.

We need to find a way to create chances for him through our other attacking players. Bernard, Richarlison, Sigurdsson...

He tried hard last night - I have been a critic , but he lacks finess - when he had the chance after we had taken the early lead - he had to find two men , and made a hash of it needs DCL up there with him vice versa........ 4 4 2.....

He didn’t score many but when he was playing at the start of the season. It coincided with our best attacking play
Indeed. Things started going badly wrong when we moved away from that Richarlison - Tosun - Walcott front line with Siggy behind them. I know we struggled to put away chances with that line-up but at least we were making some.

Indeed. Things started going badly wrong when we moved away from that Richarlison - Tosun - Walcott front line with Siggy behind them. I know we struggled to put away chances with that line-up but at least we were making some.

We won 5 games in 7 when we switched to Richarlison up top with Bernard - Gylfi - Walcott behind.

Tosun started with Richarlison and Walcott in the first three games of the season. That's it.

We drew two and won one. In the third one, Richarlison was sent off after 20 mins anyway.

We won 5 games in 7 when we switched to Richarlison up top with Bernard - Gylfi - Walcott behind.

Tosun started with Richarlison and Walcott in the first three games of the season. That's it.

We drew two and won one. In the third one, Richarlison was sent off after 20 mins anyway.

And its been crap since

And its been crap since

What?

As I've just said, our good run came entirely with Tosun on the bench. I'm not saying he's a bad player btw.

But you suggested we have been crap since we stopped using Rich - Tosun - Walcott, which we literally used for a combined 2 games and 20 minutes, right at the start of the season. We haven't used that same front three since Bournemouth away.

Think the system certainly suited him yesterday as well.

He always had support from Richarlison, which meant he could drop in and hold the ball up.

I've been critical and we definitely need another striker soon, but he did well last night.

I have a hunch we'll get a striker in if Gana goes, though.
Well Sky would have us believe that would be Batshuayi, how would everyone feel about swapping Gueye for him? I can see the case for selling Gueye age, cash in while there’s still value. Is Batshuayi a sensible reinvestment of those funds or would we be over paying for him because it’s January, would you buy him in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back