2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if we hadn't bought him our Walcott last January. We'd have had £50m to spunk on another waste of time.
In the pantheon of great Everton wastes of time, I am afraid Theo is in a far higher echelon that Tosun, Tosun does at least try, despite his many flaws.. Walcott simply meanders through each game, not particularly caring if he is involved or not, I utterly despise him, not because he hasn’t done well for us, but because he has squandered a sublime talent, all for the want of a little application :(

Was it him who miscontrolled the ball backwards when sigurdsson passed to him.

Looked like a good counter was on - Bernard was in space on the left and richarlison had even more on the right. If he controlled it we were deffo in

It's like he's running in treacle. Tries hard the lad but limited. He is probably a good finisher but he isn't mobile enough to get into the positions to finish, he has to have chances made for him. Essentially he's not up to this level.
I love the running in treacle comment. Can't see him with us next year at all. Needs a partner upfront which we don't do.

I really like him, He seems like a very technical footballer but he's so god damn slow and that won't cut it in this league unless you have serious aerial presence which Tosun doesn't have.

He does Andy I agree, but in the interim my point is who would you want to lead our line until the end of the season?Tosun,DCL or Niasse,sadly Oumar would get my vote mate.
Shows how speed and quickness are the currency of a forward in a prem mid-table side, more so than being able to play football. There's probably fifty blokes on this thread, me included, who can control a football better than Oumar, but he's still a better option than a tidy, slow player like Tosun.

Not good enough like many Turkish/Dutch league strikers that come to the premier league, will probably go back to Turkey or Germany and bang them in again. If you havent got the pace for this league then you need to have world class movement like Higuain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back