Chang Stadium??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goolash

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
Hi folks, long time reader first time poster and all that jazz.

Just heard something rather worrying. A mate just told me he read something in the Mirror about us doing a deal to change the name of Goodison to earn some money and that chang in running with a £10 mill bid. Surely this is a joke?!

Tell me it is just the mirror trying to stir things and is not at all true!:unsure:

That's what I both thought and hoped. You know when you just get that feeling on dread in the pit of your stomach?!

There would definately been a mutiny on his hands if it were true!

And thanks for the welcome lads, been reading this forum for ages. This was the push that I needed to join the party!

We can look forward to the imaginatively names North and South, East and West stands too!
Unless they get sponsored?
Sly might put in a bit of wedge for the Sly Stallone Stand.

(y)
Don't be surprised if the new stadium isn't sponsored though. Remember that the current Chang deal will expire roughly when the new stadium is completed.

Bruce i think the clubs more or less cameout and said that the new stadium naming rights will be up for sale! I wa surprised people didnt make a big deal out of it at the time!

Interesting isn't it how comfortably fans now refer to stadia as the Emirates or the Reebok, JJB and so on. Man City's doesn't have a sponsor (I don't think) and I couldn't tell you what the name of the stadium is, although City of Manchester stadium rings a bell.

The Tesco stadium sounds truly awful!
If Goodions nickname is the Grand Old Lady then I wonder what the Tesco Stadiums Nickname will be? Gutted!

Hi folks, long time reader first time poster and all that jazz.

Just heard something rather worrying. A mate just told me he read something in the Mirror about us doing a deal to change the name of Goodison to earn some money and that chang in running with a £10 mill bid. Surely this is a joke?!

Tell me it is just the mirror trying to stir things and is not at all true!:unsure:

:P Most definately a wind up my friend, but an input into the new ground or a stand at Goodison with £10m would probably go down well.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back