Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think we offered 15m+ up front for Gnonto? Just like we bid 35m Etikite?

We couldn't get Elanga over the line who went for 15m, why do you think that is? Believe me it's not because of anything else other than money and down payments offered.
I'd say this seems to be the case, which makes the shouts in here about deals being easy to do or do the business early mental. If one thing has been obvious its thats we are operating under massive financial restrictions.

We couldn't get Elanga over the line who went for 15m, why do you think that is? Believe me it's not because of anything else other than money and down payments offered.
I do not think it was 15 mil upfront, not for a second.

Do you know if there is a plan C for investment mate? Feels like we just have no cash to play with until that happens so are eeking out our offers and annoying all other clubs in the process..

I've heard we can't get them over the line because Thelwell has locked himself in the bogs again with the Everton credit card.

Not claiming to be ITK, that's just what I heard Keano, Tarky and Jimbo talking about during lunch in the FF canteen today

Yeah why strengthen the key position our only number nine of standard just fractured his cheek no rush
I think people feel like signings have to improve us just because they’re new. You can probably find an exact phrasing of this same post last year about Maupay. Toss Chermiti to the wolves. He’s here to play. You spent real money on him.

I think people feel like signings have to improve us just because they’re new. You can probably find an exact phrasing of this same post last year about Maupay. Toss Chermiti to the wolves. He’s here to play. You spent real money on him.
No because Maupay isn't a number nine and Chermiti is a kid. Adams is experienced in that role I am not excited by him and I would have chosen someone else personally, but with eight days of the window to go he's better than our current options if you exclude DCL,(who you can't rely on anyway) at fulfilling that role and it's more than scoring goals its providing a target and a platform. Maupay drops too deep, doesn't hold it up and has scored one goal in a season and two games.

No because Maupay isn't a number nine and Chermiti is a kid. Adams is experienced in that role I am not excited by him but he's better than our current options if you exclude DCL,(who you can't rely on anyway) at fulfilling that rile and it's more than scoring goals its providing a target and a platform. Maupay drops too deep, doesn't hold it up and has scored one goal in a season and two games.
I don't even think Maupay is that bad in a certain type of setup, but he's just not the physical type needed for the system we play.

This striker doesn't need to be incredible but they do need to fit the system to let others play.

If we can't afford £5m to make it happen then it's a sorry situation

Wonder why the bestest and biggest Evertonian in the world doesnt put his hand in his pocket if we are that skint and we need a striker? He's made a ******* fortune out of the club he says he loves so much.

You can say the same about young players who have never played. Potential impact always overstated.

No because Maupay isn't a number nine and Chermiti is a kid. Adams is experienced in that role I am not excited by him and I would have chosen someone else personally, but with eight days of the window to go he's better than our current options if you exclude DCL,(who you can't rely on anyway) at fulfilling that role and it's more than scoring goals its providing a target and a platform. Maupay drops too deep, doesn't hold it up and has scored one goal in a season and two games.
Maupay actually is a #9 and I’d prefer we use him instead of wasting more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.