Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ramadan ended yesterday. I expect a big effort from our midfield against Chelsea.

Get some butties down you lads.

This is the last of the away fixtures against decent teams we can do a spectacular in like Leicester two seasons ago and Brighton last season (Arsenal is a write off come what may).

We need to register an unexpected win and really ease the nerves for those 'winnable' home games.
Problem is, after Ramadan comes Eid! They will all be like scruffs at n all you can eat buffet stuffing their faces to kill the hunger pangs.

Tbf, there's an article in the Mail with Onana who admitted he struggled a bit with hunger later in the day while on international duty.

Tough month, especially for pro-atheletes. Takes some doing. I'd be like, "stuff this, punish me god, gimme a snickers"
I know other clubs have got Muslim players but IIRC not all do the full fast, but Doucoure, Gueye and Onana do.

It affected their performance last season too.

I see lots of people thinking we might get a draw. Chelsea aren't great, but they know how to score. They've got 2 or more in each of their last 7 games.
I can't see us matching that.

Our recent record against these is surprisingly decent, even away with two draws from our last two visits there. I think we have a chance of getting something. 0-2 to Everton with DCL continuing his hot streak with both goals

Not expecting us to get anything from this one, so we need the teams around us to drop points.

32 CHEEVE.png