Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After we got our first points deduction we needed a few things to go our way. Forest getting 4 points deducted was going to help, and this weekend, not for the first time we got favorable results from teams around us. All we had to do last night is keep it tight, and keep our goal difference advantage as our trump card if things got really tight on points. Could we do that, of course not this is Everton.

This is so much worse, that was at least just the first game of the season. We are 6 games from curtains right here, back then relegation was uncertain and there were 37 games remaining
Hate to be pedantic but I think you're thinking of the 6-1 home defeat when Fabregas took the p**s which was the first match of the season.

The 7-0 was the last game of the 04-05 season when we'd already guaranteed 4th place.

I say pedantic because your basic point is totally correct. This is much worse. we were supposed to be fighting for our lives last night. Against a very erratic Chelsea team.
Back then we had nothing to play for against a boss Arsenal team who had gone unbeaten the previous season.

And if memory serves, I think they'd actually beaten the rs in the previous game to seal 4th spot for us so we sort of owed them.

Hate to be pedantic but I think you're thinking of the 6-1 home defeat when Fabregas took the p**s which was the first match of the season.

The 7-0 was the last game of the 04-05 season when we'd already guaranteed 4th place.

I say pedantic because your basic point is totally correct. This is much worse. we were supposed to be fighting for our lives last night. Against a very erratic Chelsea team.
Back then we had nothing to play for against a boss Arsenal team who had gone unbeaten the previous season.

And if memory serves, I think they'd actually beaten the rs in the previous game to seal 4th spot for us so we sort of owed them.
You are right! And a pedant! But as a pedant, being right is kinda crucial!

I cant help but think Dom went to a psychic before the game and was like "you'd best sit this one out".

Some major changes are needed for the notts forest game. If dyche starts colemen and young on the right side again, I cant see us getting anything. We got rinsed on that right side in the first half (didn't watch the 2nd half).