Chicken or the Egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenyonLedford

Player Valuation: £750k
Players need the continuity of one coach and one system. One belief and one expectation.
Each new coach says, "I know you used to do it THAT way, that's why you are terrible. But
it isn't your fault. Now we'll do it THIS way and you won't be terrible."

After Three games lo and behold they ARE still terrible. These players have been terrible
and killed the last 20 managers or whatever the number is now.

If the board had any confidence in their OWN non-suckness, they would stick with the
manager they hired and have the courage of their convictions to ride things out and give
the players a chance to produce or perish under ONE system.

When you change managers after EVERY loss how are we to tell which players are worth
keeping? Which ones play bad because they're trying to fit in the new expectations? Which
ones are not going to be worth keeping no matter the manager?

Have all these managers been THAT bad? Or are our players just that bad? Would one of
those managers have succeeded by now had our board and fans shown the nerve to
ride things out?

This isn't a dice game. You can't just keep rolling dem bones again waiting for the winning
numbers to show up. We don't have any money left to put on the table!

I'm sure our board is biting their nails right now wondering when to throw Frankie overboard
and bring in the next guy to fail. Frank was the wrong choice to begin with. It's like we
bought a hot looking car on the internet and now we're stuck trying to get the thing to
run and our mechanic doesn't take credit.

Do your homework, bring in the right man. Let him bring in his players. Let him work
his system all season long and see where we are. Because this way there is no way
of telling who is at fault.

I do like what the one poster said. "Win our home games and we'll be fine" I go with that
and let's do things right this summer and all next campaign.

Players need the continuity of one coach and one system. One belief and one expectation.
Each new coach says, "I know you used to do it THAT way, that's why you are terrible. But
it isn't your fault. Now we'll do it THIS way and you won't be terrible."

After Three games lo and behold they ARE still terrible. These players have been terrible
and killed the last 20 managers or whatever the number is now.

If the board had any confidence in their OWN non-suckness, they would stick with the
manager they hired and have the courage of their convictions to ride things out and give
the players a chance to produce or perish under ONE system.

When you change managers after EVERY loss how are we to tell which players are worth
keeping? Which ones play bad because they're trying to fit in the new expectations? Which
ones are not going to be worth keeping no matter the manager?

Have all these managers been THAT bad? Or are our players just that bad? Would one of
those managers have succeeded by now had our board and fans shown the nerve to
ride things out?

This isn't a dice game. You can't just keep rolling dem bones again waiting for the winning
numbers to show up. We don't have any money left to put on the table!

I'm sure our board is biting their nails right now wondering when to throw Frankie overboard
and bring in the next guy to fail. Frank was the wrong choice to begin with. It's like we
bought a hot looking car on the internet and now we're stuck trying to get the thing to
run and our mechanic doesn't take credit.

Do your homework, bring in the right man. Let him bring in his players. Let him work
his system all season long and see where we are. Because this way there is no way
of telling who is at fault.

I do like what the one poster said. "Win our home games and we'll be fine" I go with that
and let's do things right this summer and all next campaign.
I made scotch eggs today, Kendog.

While I am all for sticking with a manager and giving him a proper chance to do his job, the reality is only two of our last six managers could have been persevered with - and one of those chose to jump ship. Martinez, Koeman, Silva, and Benitez had to be sacked. Their results made their positions untenable. Frankly, we waited too long to sack Martinez and Silva. Koeman and Benitez were vanity appointments and both had seemingly reached the end of the line. Given that Ancelotti left us, the only manager who Moshiri could reasonably have stuck with was Allardyce, who was bulleted having finished eighth.

Status
Not open for further replies.