Christian atsu - missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many buildings collapse like that. People don’t deserve it. Ffs.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many buildings collapse like that. People don’t deserve it. Ffs.
Saw something on the news last night about the poor state of Turkish construction codes and absence of enforcement. It’s quite sickening that a country is prepared to spend billions on F-35’s jets and S-500 SAMs but doesn’t place a similar value with regards the safety of the population.

Rescued from the rubble apparently
BBC:

Atsu found alive in Turkey​

Ghanaian winger Christian Atsu has been pulled from the rubble of a building in Hatay with injuries, his manager Mustafa Özat has told Turkish radio.
The former Newcastle player, now with Turkish side Hatayspor, was trapped after the earthquakes that killed at least 2,000 people in Turkey and Syria on 6 February.
Hatay was one of the cities closest to the epicentre of the quake, and has suffered extensive damage. The club's sporting director Taner Savut remains in the collapsed building,
"Christian Atsu was removed from the wreckage with injuries," Özat told Turkish radio channel Radyo Gol.
"Unfortunately, our sporting director Taner Savut is still under the rubble.
Özat added: "Hatay was deeply affected. We are coming towards the end of the most dangerous hours."

Still missing, not looking great is it, although one positive is that there are still people being pulled out alive as I type !

Status
Not open for further replies.