Civil war at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board NEED to act and do something to both quell the ill feeling and improve the likelihood of us avoiding relegation. It has to come from them, they are the ones with the power and the responsibility. The fans can’t do anything in reality, protesting doesn’t achieve anything, we don’t have the power to do so.
It has to come from the owner, but all he has done is make it worse over the last week.
This board is gone tomorrow if he wants, likewise Frank, but he isn't interested

If we alienate Moshiri and he leaves we are stuffed even more. Nobody, NOBODY is going to bother buying into or investing into a club with a rapidly angry fanbase - and whether the talk of threats are true or not, rightly or wrongly, that is the image we now have.

I'm not happy with where we are, or the mistakes made at the top but I'm resigned to the fact that Moshiri is the only realistic way out of this pit of misery. Its his money and he's not exactly going to be happy with us being crap and losing value either.

There have been a lot of mistakes by Everton in recent years, but I genuinely think alienating the board or moshiri or any new money will be nothing other than a mistake as big as any that has already been made.

Personally don't agree at all with this.

For me our only way out of this mess is with a takeover. A poor owner doesn't suddenly become a good one overnight, especially not one who has wasted so much of their money. The longer Moshiri stays the worse I expect things to get.

tumblr_mvatu3WAHo1qda125o1_250.gif

No nation ever conquered another in the midst of a civil war. Blame this that and the other is irrelevant. If we're not all on the same side, we go down.
"Sack the board" is wholly futile as currently nobody we would want to take over, would. Anyone who would willingly take over Everton right now would almost certainly just be a Blackburn style strip the assets kind of thing.
Realistically, we would struggle to get a better manager than Lampard. Maybe Roberto would come back, but I have serious doubts about that, and it may be no better anyway.
Our players aren't up to scratch, and we're unlikely to appeal to anyone who isn't "in need of a second chance" or something.

The best thing we can do is sack off the football side of it. Remember Stoke? We need to become Stoke. We need 8 yellow cards a game. We need to kick absolute bits out of our opponents, juuuuust enough to get away with it. Sign 5 players from Marine or City of Liverpool or Southport or someone. Doesn't matter who they are, as long as they can snap someone. One, and only one, of these players will be brought on as a substitute in the 80th minute against each of our relegtion rivals. Their one job is to injure that teams best chance of keeping them up. For example, yesterday, JWP. Is it immoral? Yes, but so what? We've been getting done over by cheating kopite, manc, and southern rats for my entire life. It is time to bite back.

The league isn't just about the points you collect. It's about the points you stop your opponent from getting. It's time to go full snide. And I don't mean the prissy "oooh a big mean atmosphere that disappears as soon as they score anyway," I mean serious Mortal Kombat behaviour. I want to see Scamaccas career ended by a 37 year old Bootlehead who's never played in a tier above national league before. I want to see Idrissa Gueye hissing in the other teams face, telling them that they're a worthless debauched westerner and they will burn in the eternal hellfire. I want to see Onanas elbows fly in every single direction every time he jumps for a ball. And God help me if I don't see Jordan Pickford aim his dives in a way where his knees take out strikers groins every time he comes down on someone who's diving in.

If we try to play football, we are going down and we are never coming back up. It is time to go full blown "the replacements."
Lampard OUT. Royal IN.

It has to come from the owner, but all he has done is make it worse over the last week.
This board is gone tomorrow if he wants, likewise Frank, but he isn't interested

I agree inasmuch that any major decision needs to be signed off by Moshiri, but he isn’t a completely absent owner that has gone in to hiding. He was bothered enough to speak on the radio to show he’s still involved as recently as last week.

Moshiri and Kenwright aren’t alone in being stupid enough to back Lampard in some naive belief that he will suddenly stop being an awful manager. There are even some delusional fans that continue to believe this, but it needs to stop now.

The owner and the board need to stop deflecting and take done responsibility by making the required changes. The club was arguably oprerating in a greater ‘civil war’ this time last year, and what managed to unite the fan base, a managerial change! That’s the best way to deflect attention from them, not crazed antagonistic PR spin.

Personally don't agree at all with this.

For me our only way out of this mess is with a takeover. A poor owner doesn't suddenly become a good one overnight, especially not one who has wasted so much of their money. The longer Moshiri stays the worse I expect things to get.
A takeover would be better ... but the point behind my thinking is that nobody would want us at this stage - so we have to work with realistic solutions

I honestly couldn’t care less anymore. The owner, board, squad, manager and fans are rotten, it’s an institution that needs to end.

I've never felt more detached from the club, and that is saying something based on how bad we have been.

I can take the club not achieving things on the pitch, however, the behaviour of the board this last week has proved that they could not give a flying one about us.
Did you miss the Benitez appointment?

Lucky you if you did...

Status
Not open for further replies.