• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

CL Final Inter Milan v Man City. Saturday 10th June 8pm KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah I agree - he was the football equivalent to a Shaq in the NBA - even when he was 18 and still "new" you knew he'd be one of the best ever. Shame his knees exploded so early... and even then he was still bossing it for a long time after.

The thing is though you're comparing players who have nothing in common - Ronaldo was the most complete forward (as was CR7, but 'lite' compared to him) who had it all, while Haaland's strength are, well, strength, physicality and finishing. Again, that's okay, I prefer not having football carbon copies really lol

FWIW at Dortmund he was a lot more involved, just that City play nothing like he's played in his career. As I said previously - arsed about how many touches he gets, strikers score goals, he scores goals. Sure, not in this game for now (despite creating their only chance before the goal), but such a bizarre shout that he only scores against nomarks as he's made his name scoring in games against Bayern, Real Madrid and all that over and over lol
I think it's okay to compare players who don't have much in common if they play in the same position, take rugby wingers for example, Jonah Lomu and Shane Williams for example, totally different build, same job, both brilliant but you'd take Lomu all day. The Welsh probably wouldn't though 😂

I think Haaland will definitely finish his career as one of the greatest finishers and forwards of all time no doubt, and definitely had more to do at Dortmund you're correct.

I think it's okay to compare players who don't have much in common if they play in the same position, take rugby wingers for example, Jonah Lomu and Shane Williams for example, totally different build, same job, both brilliant but you'd take Lomu all day. The Welsh probably wouldn't though 😂

I think Haaland will definitely finish his career as one of the greatest finishers and forwards of all time no doubt, and definitely had more to do at Dortmund you're correct.
I was personally surprised he picked City - assumed he'd go to Real to score about 7000 goals a season..

Still done enough to be the greatest striker I've ever seen, not trying to be an edgelord or anything, he was better than Cristiano. Longevity counts for a lot, can't deny that, but Big Ron, my word, he wouldn't wait for it to be put on a plate.
Best player I’ve ever seen
People will rightly point to Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo for their achievements but Brazilian Ronaldo in full flow was a thing of beauty, used to love watching him

Also would have peak Ronaldinho over Messi or Cristiano as well, absolutely inimitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back