Club Morale

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAlmightyFloater

Player Valuation: £30m
Given that the current transfer window is about as inspiring for Everton fans as a speedy kick to the plums, it made me curious as to how it affects the other players at the club.

Do they see the same failings as the fans do?

Do they want more from the management/board?

Or maybe they don't care because they make silly wages week in week out in a job the rest of us can only dream about?

If Martinez is handed the Stones money (assuming he goes), then maybe we can look forward to finishing somewhere between 11th and 5th, the morale of the players is nowhere near as important as the morale and conviction of the supporters, if the club has any chance of sitting at the top table again. For my part I am losing interest I'm afraid, but it ain't just Everton, it's football, Ingerlund, the premiership, sky, Gary Lineker, pink boots and that slimeball Richard Keyes.

Great question.... we were screwed last week, we are more screwed this week. is there really a level of screwed or is it either you are or you aren't?

Unfortunately the professionals with potential world class ability are probably very happy right now as they know that if they impress on this stage with Everton they can get their 'dream move' to a team challenging for titles and champions leagues.

They'll still play just as well as they can but it'll just be more for their career progression than it is for Everton.

Sad but true, unless we can start competing at that level ourselves again which we haven't for nearly three decades and never will under this board.

I think the morale will be quite good. They've all just received confirmation that if they do well at Everton for a season, they can jump ship whenever they feel like it.

They'll be feeling like they're standing on a stepping stone and getting well paid to do it.

I feel I am living out a scene from 'Groundhog Day'.
Last season interest ended for me by the end of August, and following today's news, it looks likely about to end for me before September once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.