Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BMD naming rights hasn't been decided yet so its not included in your figure mate.

£30 million one off payment for first dibs on the naming rights

£12 million p/a for FF

And they sponser the womens team / Goodison matchday (don't know how the figures work out).

This pretty much puts an end to any hopes of long term competing for even top half never mind top 6 / trophies but at least we can claim we are a family club.

Bill will do a speech in the centre of the pitch tomorrow night.
As I said, twice mate, they've paid £30m for the first refusal

I know that doesn't mean the stadium rights but there's no guarantee that would have gone to USM, they'd just paid for the first option

We've had that £30m. The stadium isn't built yet so no point worrying about naming rights for a year or so

Not happy just little prouder than yesterday...

I have no mince with the Russian people, just with Putin and gang. Undeniably Usmanov is connected to Putin. He himself could do the right and openly and conclusively be no longer be part of Putin's circle.

I'm not sure i agree with the decision to stop all Russians from being able to trade / operate outside of their own nation - which is obviously massively impacting many industries for worse.

Since when are a nations people responsible for the decisions of their political leaders?

Just like Boris Johnson doesn't represent me, I'm sure Putins actions aren't representative of Russian citizens.

It's corrupt at the top.

It's more than likely that Putin / Biden / Johnson are following a script written by Hollywood.

As always, every story needs a villain. ?

World and its wife queueing up now to stick knives into our club. No matter how tenuous a link may be, opportunists will sniff blood and come for us.
At this point can I admit to being critical of Arsenal having Usmanov on board for the sole reason his wealth came from dubious means. When he became associated with us, typical of me, I tried to blank my past thoughts of him and thought of the old maxim where there is obscene amounts of cah, there is usually corruption somewhere nearby.
So my worst thoughts seem to have been confirmed and I believe we could be left high and dry in the immediate future.

I'm not sure i agree with the decision to stop all Russians from being able to trade / operate outside of their own nation - which is obviously massively impacting many industries for worse.

Since when are a nations people responsible for the decisions of their political leaders?

Just like Boris Johnson doesn't represent me, I'm sure Putins actions aren't representative of Russian citizens.

It's corrupt at the top.

It's more than likely that Putin / Biden / Johnson are following a script written by Hollywood.

I don't think the idea is to punish the oligarchs for the sake of punishing them, it is punish them so they put pressure on Putin to pull his head in.

It's corrupt at the top.

While in this instance I would agree and say that our actions alone won't have an impact in Russia (they are not even "good PR" for us, just the avoidance of future "bad PR") - all the other large scale sanctions absolutely will have.

The only people who can stop Putin now are the Russian people, when the consequences of his actions mean their economy has disintegrated, they cannot afford to live and there is no state welfare to fall back on.

The general Russian population don't deserve what's happening but they will understand soon enough they are the only ones who can stop it.

Of course it is

But it's the right thing to do

Usmanov hasn't been 'proven' guilty of anything and neither have USM. But he has been sanctioned by the EU and it's not a good look for Everton, right now, to be linked to it.
Guilty by association is enough
Guilty by not condemning Putins actions is enough

Think that’s enough to be going on with?

It's corrupt at the top.

It's either this or go to war.

The only way to end this without an all out WW3 is by sanctioning Russia. It's awful for the Russian people but what's better - sanctions or nuclear warfare?

Force their hand. Force the elements of Putin's government that are against this to act.

It's not hard to get mate.

While in this instance I would agree and say that our actions alone won't have an impact in Russia (they are not even "good PR" for us, just the avoidance of future "bad PR") - all the other large scale sanctions absolutely will have.

The only people who can stop Putin now are the Russian people, when the consequences of his actions mean their economy has disintegrated, they cannot afford to live and there is no state welfare to fall back on.

The general Russian population don't deserve what's happening but they will understand soon enough they are the only ones who can stop it.
The people don't have a say.

Governments do whatever they want.

There's been protests from Russian people that are ignored.

This surprises me. I understand it is difficult, as it was for Chelsea. But Chelsea got it so wrong. It would have been better if the club ended all agreements.

It's possible that wording is intentional while the legal side is worked out. Depending on what was signed and how much money has already changed hands, it can be a drawn out process to cancel a contract. Not to mention that Moshiri is the owner majority owner of one party and a minority shareholder of the other party...

Maybe I'm being naive but I find it hard to believe that the partnerships have any chance of continuing at a later date. It's not like Russia is going to pull out of Ukraine tomorrow and apologize to the world. This is going to be a long complicated thing and Umanov is likely to remain sanctioned for a while. At least long enough where we need to go looking for alternative sources of partnership revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.