• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Concepts and rules you think would improve football going forward...

• Maximum squad sizes.
  • Limited on number of over 21 players that can be loaned out.
  • Only use automatic VAR / technology for goal line and off side. Any other decision should be by the on field ref and….
  • Teams to get 2 x VAR reviews per game
  • P&S should be enforced with escrow deposits equal to any outstanding transfer payments from the owners - not the club (if commitments are beyond clubs means)

1. Reduce the number of substitutions to three and only allow five men on the bench.

One of the big problems IMO is that big rich clubs have too many players happy to warm the bench and feel part of the success without contributing much. They could be at other clubs getting regular minutes and levelling the playing field.

2. Make clubs only change their strip if there is a colour clash in an away game. I hate teams not wesring their proper shirts when it is totally needless.

3. No substitutions after 85 minutes. Everyone knows most of these subs are to disrupt the flow of a team searching for an equaliser.

(pity Dyche didn’t do that yesterday)

4. Bin VAR.

End seeding in cup competitions with open draws only.

3 subs per game.

Retrospective yellow/red card/1 match ban for players faking head injuries when it's clear they weren't touched.

No warnings for tussling in the box for set pieces, make a decision and award a free kick out or indirect free kick to the attackers.

Change to PL voting structure with smaller majority needed.

End the 3pm Saturday TV ban for PL

Most clubs make more money through TV than gate receipts. If less people attend there may be more seats for those that want to be there. If TV money goes up ticket prices may go down.

I was in Germany years ago and the TV coverage was going round the grounds, something like soccer Saturday but with live coverage. All the grounds still looked full.

If a player goes down like they’ve been shot by a sniper after no/minimal contact play immediately stops, all other parties leave the field they and the pundit who will have invariably said “he’s anticipated contact really well there” are forced to fight a bear to the death.

Team can kickoff as soon as they can get it back on the centre circle after a goal has been scored. That would speed it all up
I'd love to see that. I imagine it would be mad rush for the team who conceded to kick off which would force the other team to run back straight away. Could be carnage.

Ban all gambling sponsorship.

Red cards for diving.

A shot clock style enforcement whilst in possession to eliminate time wasting and [Poor language removed] housery...no idea how you could apply or enforce it but something needs to be done to eradicate it from the game.

Bring back away goals rule.

Genuinely would consider removing the offside rule, at this point there is absolutely no advantage for goals scored when a toenail or nipple is offside via var.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back