Crystal Palace v Everton 31 January 2015 - From the Palace end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez learning that sometimes you have to win ugly.All the best all round teams do it when they need to do it. Isn't that four games unbeaten? To me, Martinez ability to learn, despite him being so strong on his 'philosophy' will define his whole management career.

Besic quality again, as was Stones Jags and Robles, sorry to say it but we look much more solid without Barkley at the moment, he is a liability in his current mood.

Not sure what's happened to Seamus and Baines, though they were very quiet again today. Naismith unfortunately broke down more of our attacks than their whole team combined, and Lukaku apart from his goal was very poor, I'd consider starting with Kone next week.

Nice to see Mirallas giving it plenty of effort in the first half, hopefully we'll sign another proper winger in the next few days, as McGeady ia clearly below par for this league, sooner he returns to the Scottish prem the better for all involved.

great performance I would say. I know I would get mock for this but being able to close down, mark tightly and put in some tackle and abandon the needless passing at the back are the hallmark of getting to basic.

we're playing to the strength of our players and it's nice to see. No more telling the players to do what they are not capable of at the moment like dribbling and passing when confidence are all time low. This team is more capable of clearing the danger directly than passing the way out of danger. Defensively we are getting there, a few wins and we'll have more confidence on the offensive front and goals will come.

This is a typical back to basic game and I'm so glad we get maximum points out of it.

Was impressed with the back seat Barry took today, Besic was much more involved and it could be that that is the change the defence needed - for Barry to be much calmer and watching instead of trying to be the drive the side sometimes needs. We didn't get over run in the middle today, it was a pleasant turn. Palace worked the wide areas, and tried to isolate our right flank, but with Chamahk going off a lot of their aerial ability dropped off. We were pretty cute at times today as well playing on them getting more frustrated.

It is great to look back over the game and not be able to highlight any terrible decisions either way by the referee. Thats been a while coming as well !

Well, that was disappointing. No need to overreact and panic but that was a Warnock performance. No cutting edge as well. Well done on the win.

To be fair, I don't think there were much difference between the two sides. Good luck for the rest of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back