Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not the best, but he's what we've got. We really shouldn't be in this position of having inadequate cover for BOTH fullback berths. Actually, Kenny is doing a good job but in Koeman's vision Cuco was the cover and Kenny not in the picture. Cuco was also the cover for Baines. Christ.
TBF he was ok v Huddlesfield who barely attacked us one of his better games - today he held our midfield back everyone had to cover for him, it's not harsh , but he was clearly out of his depth would be a understatement!

Last edited:
Tbh he played the Mane chance brilliantly, thought it was Holgate initially but he covers both options well enough to put Mane etc etc (read Holgate thread)

Still needs to be sold first thing though.

I agree here.

He is not good enough but he did enough to keep Mane in 2 minds when it looked a certain goal. 4 on 1 with Cuco the one and Mane on the ball, you would have put you mortgage on a goal. That was the key moment in the game.

TBF he was ok v Huddlesfield who barely attacked us one of his better games - today he held our midfield back everyone had to cover for him, it's not harsh , but he was clearly out of his depth would be a understatement!

Undeniably. I actually felt a bit sorry for him. I can imagine Koeman also thinking "Cuco could be back up for Pickford too..."

A sorry state of affairs.

Ps no jokes about Joel or Stekelnberg

It was Cuco's defending which messed up Mane's thinking when he went for goal, and missed, at the end of the second half. Martina was very careful to not race over to Mane which would have made it an easy decision for him to square the ball for an easy tap-in goal.

Might have seemed like a relatively small thing, but I think he more than anyone else in blue prevented that goal. 2-0 at halftime, I don't think we would have come back from that. Well in Cuco.

Embarrassing to see Koemans buddy wearing an Everton shirt, what the hell has Garbutt done wrong not to get a chance before this guy. We should all chip in and pay for a one way flight back to Curacao so he can serve cocktails from a bloody beach hut.

Felt sorry for him to be honest, but he did do better than I expected. He's an average right-sided defender, playing very poorly, having to play at left-back against a player who is in red hot form at the moment. A natural left-back would have their work cut out against Salah. It was good to see Williams try to give him a bit of a lift and encouragement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back