Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
who's abusing cuco? you're making out he was receiving boo's everytime he got the ball ( he wasn't ) me stating on a forum which he doesn't read he's not good enough to start is perfectly acceptable,

After one game I think that's a bit harsh personally.

I thought he was fine to to honest. His lack of getting back is quite alarming but I thought he looked alright on the ball and put a couple of good crosses in. He was no worse than anyone else for me last night.

Never took the fullback on once, slowed our forward moves down by stopping the ball and then laying it off inside. Got done in the air as he didn't even move, that lead to their best chance. All in all, he looked bobbins to me.

Well maybe he is not capable of doing that? He is built like a centre back after all. Why beat a man anyway when you can stop and put a decent ball into the box?

We were disjointed all over the park last night.

I thought he was fine to to honest. His lack of getting back is quite alarming but I thought he looked alright on the ball and put a couple of good crosses in. He was no worse than anyone else for me last night.

This he looked just as anybody else playing really. A few times kinda out of position but he still did ok one game isn't enough to judge someone.

He's really bad and is going to cost us a lot if he plays even semi-regularly this season. I'm not having anyone tell me that Holgate and Kenny couldn't cover for Coleman at least as adequately as this fool.

We should have trusted the young lads until Coleman is back or bought a first choice player and let Coleman fight his way back into the team. Can't get my head around signing Martina to play and not just sit on the bench until Coleman is fit.

I'll be amazed if he starts for any big games for us, Deffo think he's been brought in for these type of games. Think Holgate or Kenny will start when the league starts

Would you be happy if the next player to break down goes ahead & jumps off a bridge?

How did you feel about Aaron Lennon?

I would happily stand in the middle of Goodison for £100k & let mouth breathers shout abuse. That's not the same as taking abuse for trying to do your job.
Players are human beings. Some of them suffer nerves & anxiety just like anyone else.

And does anyone think so called fans abusing their own players makes them play better?
What's Lennon got to do with things? Pretty sure his issues wouldn't of been due to getting stick from fans

Who's arsed what he does on the ball, first and foremost he's a defender and he can't bloody defend to save his life.

He got shredded by their no mark winger time and time again, god help him against real quality

He's really bad and is going to cost us a lot if he plays even semi-regularly this season. I'm not having anyone tell me that Holgate and Kenny couldn't cover for Coleman at least as adequately as this fool.

Lost 4 out of 18 when playing for Southampton in 16/17 with 11 clean sheets.

Obviously I am not a stats person but on the surface of it playing him may not be that costly really...

I think I am more concerned about Williams lately. He seems to be shrinking by the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back