Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen just accept that all you "decent back up" "nothing to lose" got it wrong

He's a poor buy, who will cost us. You'll soon see

It doesn't mean he doesn't rate Kenny, who was on the bench for the last few months of the season as well.

We needed some experienced cover. You can't head into a busy season with two 20-yr-olds, one of which is a CB by trade, as your right-back options.

At the same time, spending £15m on a full back would be pointless with Seamus to return, and would only further stunt Kenny's development.

Spurs are after a right back who's very good in Toiljan and only 3m. He is far far better than martina. We didn't have to spend a lot

But he has pumped money into the club...

If I lend my mate £80, I've still given them £80. It's still come out of my pocket...

You haven't given it them you've lent it. They still owe you it.

If you gave him it and didn't expect it back then that's different

Spurs are after a right back who's very good in Toiljan and only 3m. He is far far better than martina. We didn't have to spend a lot

But we didn't spend anything, because we have Kenny who is a good right-back and who the manager rates.

We just needed extra competition/cover.

If martina starts tonight which he's likely too as koeman doesn't seem to rate our young right backs.. then watch out for another mistake

Unfortunately the worry is how many will he make before he finally gets dropped. How many points will he cost us

If you're going to watch players for mistakes then you are going to find them. It's very rare for ANY player to go through 90 mins with a flawless performance. How many individual 10/10 performances did you see last season

But we didn't spend anything, because we have Kenny who is a good right-back and who the manager rates.

We just needed extra competition/cover.

I don't believe Kenny will be number one until Coleman is back. I wish he was but I can't see it. I may be proved wrong

You haven't given it them you've lent it. They still owe you it.

If you gave him it and didn't expect it back then that's different

But as somebody has said, Moshiri owns the majority of the club...

So it has come out of his pocket. He invested into the club when he bought those shares.

At the end of the day, he's a highly successful businessman. He's in it to make money, not lose it.

But to accumulate, you have to spend. He knows this, and that's what he has done.

Just as important is his clout and connections, which have seen us earn dramatically more money from our new commercial deals already, which is how any sustainable model should be run.

But as somebody has said, Moshiri owns the majority of the club...

So it has come out of his pocket. He invested into the club when he bought those shares.

At the end of the day, he's a highly successful businessman. He's in it to make money, not lose it.

But to accumulate, you have to spend. He knows this, and that's what he has done.

Just as important is his clout and connections, which have seen us earn dramatically more money from our new commercial deals already, which is how any sustainable model should be run.

This is my point. He's here to make money. I get and accept that

It's just that some fans think he's going to throw endless money in and not worry about return. That's not the case. Unfortunately.

That's where your wrong.

The debt isn't wiped. It's simply that we owe him 80m rather than various other debtors. One thing it has done is stop us paying interest. However we still owe him 80m. So not he hasn't wiped the debt

First why are you still so negative didn't you get a temp ban for this very reason?

Secondly stay on topic.

Third the loan is a) it's interest free b) there is no set date for repayment and c) he purchased 49% of the shares of the club and actually wants to be part of the club and help us progress. So yes its a loan but you have to consider the circumstances of it.

Investors do loan their own wealth. That's not uncommon. It may make fiscal sense to both parties. As long as this guy has the right intentions who cares?

You seriously wish you were Davek don't you? The difference being for much as that guy frustrates the heck out of me his retorts and arguments/debates are far more superior to yours.

Listen just accept that all you "decent back up" "nothing to lose" got it wrong

He's a poor buy, who will cost us. You'll soon see

You are becoming very irritating now. Everyt thread i go into, there is something negative. Give it a rest lad. We get it, everything is wrong at Everton.

You are becoming very irritating now. Everyt thread i go into, there is something negative. Give it a rest lad. We get it, everything is wrong at Everton.

Not everything is wrong. However we continue to make the same mistakes year after year. It's so frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back