Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby Martin saw the players day in day out during his tenure, does that mean he was right about everything too?
I did qualify my position by saying "my basic tenet" is that day-to-day, a manager sees the relative playing merits of the squad and selects accordingly (and intelligently).
Of course there can be found exceptions to test that rule: Bobby is/was a massive one.

Last edited:
Definitely more adventurous compare to his debut game, but still lack the skillset to give us the cutting edge down the right. But ok, can't expect much from a free transfer. I'm still waiting to see if kenny can offer us much more.

"Decades ago, the sociologist Georg Simmel argued that nothing unites a nation, or any group of people for that matter, quite like having a common enemy. Recent research by Mark Landau (professor of psychology, University of Kansas), though not testing unity of groups, does indicate that having enemies provides some psychological benefits.

Specifically, Landau and colleagues argue that people have a basic need for coherence, or for things to make sense. Enemies provide people with this sense of coherence. If we can attribute many of the ills in our lives to our enemies, then we have a stable set of schemas and expectations. We know what to expect, even if something bad happens, and we know who to attribute it to.

Several studies support these ideas. In one study, participants who were lead to think about chaotic hazards were more likely to perceive people with different political beliefs as enemies (view them as more part of a conspiracy).

Interestingly, in another study, people who had just imagined a powerful enemy (Al-Qaeda) actually thought the world was less dangerous and chaotic.

Put differently, this research suggests that people create enemies in order to maintain a stable, coherent, clear view of the world. This is because they can attribute the negatives of the world (which are inevitable) to these enemies.

Having enemies even appears to make people feel, ironically, safer.

Do you have enemies because you have been harmed by them or vehemently disagree with them on some moral, political or religious view? Perhaps. But, you also possibly have enemies because you created them in order for your life to be more meaningful."

"Decades ago, the sociologist Georg Simmel argued that nothing unites a nation, or any group of people for that matter, quite like having a common enemy. Recent research by Mark Landau (professor of psychology, University of Kansas), though not testing unity of groups, does indicate that having enemies provides some psychological benefits.

Specifically, Landau and colleagues argue that people have a basic need for coherence, or for things to make sense. Enemies provide people with this sense of coherence. If we can attribute many of the ills in our lives to our enemies, then we have a stable set of schemas and expectations. We know what to expect, even if something bad happens, and we know who to attribute it to.

Several studies support these ideas. In one study, participants who were lead to think about chaotic hazards were more likely to perceive people with different political beliefs as enemies (view them as more part of a conspiracy).

Interestingly, in another study, people who had just imagined a powerful enemy (Al-Qaeda) actually thought the world was less dangerous and chaotic.

Put differently, this research suggests that people create enemies in order to maintain a stable, coherent, clear view of the world. This is because they can attribute the negatives of the world (which are inevitable) to these enemies.

Do you have enemies because you have been harmed by them or vehemently disagree with them on some moral, political or religious view? Perhaps. But, you also possibly have enemies because you created them in order for your life to be more meaningful."

And your point is?

:D

Why can't this absolute god of the right back position get a game in the Premier League?

I think as the season progresses we'll see him play when we look to be more offensive but when we play the bigger teams , particularly away we'll play holgate . Horses for courses .

Amazing. Georg Simmel on GrandOldTeam.

Why can't this absolute god of the right back position get a game in the Premier League?
you and me are in the same boat mate. Like you, I'm a bit annoyed a player of his undoubted skill is being kept in cotton wool . (although I wouldn't go so far as to call him a football god...I'd reserve that epithet for players like Messi or Ronaldo)
Anyway, it's another black mark against Koeman's managerial nous, his handling of Cuco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back