Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching him for England u20s and U21s he's one of the best players every game,

He is no way worse than Cuco.

Who really expected us to get anything from the game after seeing him on the teamsheet? Not me.

He may be. I like the look of him too but we really don't know how he will do in the first team.

If you are worried about one position with our current set up then you are looking in the wrong place. A young lad being exposed by one of the best teams in the league because we dont give our full backs any protection at all due to our stupid set up could cause him all kinds of problems.

Least he can cross a ball, a skill no one else in the team seems to possess.
so great lets play with no right back then?
he was ten yards off most crosses - then if he gets near the crosser he can't tackle a paper bag - he hops on one leg - his header down just before half time , and he's done it before in a friendly was laughable - they exploited his side with ease - his fresh air clearance put the top hat on it - everyone was bad , but he looked like a Sunday league player at right back!
OK I agree going forwards he is more than OK , but you cannot abandon your right back duties like he did!

I thought he was left to hang out to dry yesterday. No right sided midfielder meant he often had 2 or on one occasion 3 players on their left, all the time Snides, Gana and Klassen just sat in the middle letting him get over run.

If Koeman couldn't see we needed a balance on the right then he is a joke. Any manager who has to make 2 subs at half time (without an injury) is admitting he was out thought by the other manager. And then to still not balance the right side, was infuriating!!

Martina isn't the best, but the formation yesterday was a shambles and this guy was left to look like a mug.
If you don't believe me watch it back, I watched on tv this morning.

I thought key players were hiding yesterday, very disappointed but mostly disappointed by Koemans inept and phenomenal tactics and damn right lack of capability to see the blinking obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back