Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
mad how many people are trying to defend him by saying oh he's not that bad and he wasn't terrible, others have been worse etc etc

yes we know and they to have been absolutely shocking, but the reason why ie baines doesn't get as much stick despite being just as bad is because how he has played over the years, he's a lot older and has had to play every minute of every game

the thing I hate the most though is the myth he puts in a good ball, he doesn't, he just loops it in with no power so even if we had a giroud in there what's he supposed to do with it, he doesn't hit first time to generate power, he controls then loops it, he doesn't get back quick enough when other teams are attacking pulling other players out of position trying to cover. Kenny needs games to make him, he was poor on Thursday but dropping him the next game over another out of form player? not exactly going to install much confidence in the lad isit

Look at it again mate cucos body shape was all wrong, he was on his heels and basically looking like a competition winner enjoying his prize of playing for EFC

I don't need to look at it again, it was a rubbish ball, one of many all game as per usual.

But hey lets just all lump on one bloke instead of looking at the team as a whole and how abject they are. It's what we do.

He's the manager's pet, unfortunately. Just like Stickleback and Schneids. Only hope is we lose the next couple, Koeman gets booted and Rhino comes in as catetaker. I'm pretty sure one of the first things he would do is give Kenny a run and put Martina in the u23s

Think that's exactly what everyone is doing if you look at other threads on the forum mate.

Great, but having a go at him because of someone else's rubbish pass is just daft.

He has been no worse than anyone else this season.

That is not a compliment either.

Great, but having a go at him because of someone else's rubbish pass is just daft.

The difference being, is that he's Koemans pet turd.

For the wages he's getting paid and the length of his contract we could've / should've got someone as cover who was much much better.

He's already got the honour of entering the halls of shame - " Everton's worst all time full backs "

* It's not his fault his uber gash, out of his depth and Fat Head gave him a wedge and a big contract

To be a right back and I was one in my youth days at school level and youth level - you have to know how to tackle and close crosses down its the basics - Co Co the clown is incapable of doing that - yes he gets forwards - can't beat a man and floats crosses in - he also looks knackered half way through the game Villassic had to cover for him other players have to cover his defensive duties!
basically Burnley like most teams will expose this when he is selected every danger was down his side baines had no one in front of him , but he knows his priority is to defend - then attack when able - martina just ambles around trying to look good!
he should have been hooked off after their first goal!
Holgate covered for Coleman last year , and we now have john joe kenny madness to take him on a free with a professional salary as he was Southampton's THIRD choice right back, and boy does he look like it!
Another koeman blunder along with the Stek!

To be a right back and I was one in my youth days at school level and youth level - you have to know how to tackle and close crosses down its the basics - Co Co the clown is incapable of doing that - yes he gets forwards - can't beat a man and floats crosses in - he also looks knackered half way through the game Villassic had to cover for him other players have to cover his defensive duties!
basically Burnley like most teams will expose this when he is selected every danger was down his side baines had no one in front of him , but he knows his priority is to defend - then attack when able - martina just ambles around trying to look good!
he should have been hooked off after their first goal!
Holgate covered for Coleman last year , and we now have john joe kenny madness to take him on a free with a professional salary as he was Southampton's THIRD choice right back, and boy does he look like it!
Another koeman blunder along with the Stek!

I don't even care, that's the worst part! I don't even rate Martina, I am just sick of some of our fans massively over reacting to stuff. Like you blaming him for their goal when nobody made any attempt to get near Brady (I think it was him).

Why is Stekelenberg a blunder? He was brought in as a back up keeper. Whats wrong with that?

As for the Sandro pass, it was hardly Beckham, but Martina may as well have been lying flat on his back trying to receive it. If he's 10 yards away from the ball in a good crossing position with everyone in the box and 2 minutes left, yet doesn't anticipate a pass, he's beyond help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back