Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the Sandro pass, it was hardly Beckham, but Martina may as well have been lying flat on his back trying to receive it. If he's 10 yards away from the ball in a good crossing position with everyone in the box and 2 minutes left, yet doesn't anticipate a pass, he's beyond help.

Better than Baines in the first half checking back when we got players into the box just before the referee blew up.

They are all rubbish. Every single one of them.

I don't even care, that's the worst part! I don't even rate Martina, I am just sick of some of our fans massively over reacting to stuff. Like you blaming him for their goal when nobody made any attempt to get near Brady (I think it was him).

Why is Stekelenberg a blunder? He was brought in as a back up keeper. Whats wrong with that?

To be fair mate, I do get what you are saying that cuco isn't the only one who has been crap, but this is the cuco thread and he is getting slated, see the baines/Williams/klaasan/sandro thead etc for the same thing

stek in my opinion though is nowhere near as bad as people make out, actually a half decent back up I think ( has been more than decent when he has played this season )

Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed the rest of the team playing like 1970 Brazil!

He is crap, there you go, are we all happy now?

Rooney has had some decent games, as have Calvert-Lewin, Davies, Niasse and Pickford. Martina has had one at best, and the rest have been comically bad.

They're all crap, yes, but Martina is extra strength crap.

Rooney has had some decent games, as have Calvert-Lewin, Davies, Niasse and Pickford. Martina has had one at best, and the rest have been comically bad.

They're all crap, yes, but Martina is extra strength crap.

Rooney has been bog average at best, the fact that people are claiming he has done well shows how far our standards are slipping. Calvert Lewin has been fine and I have no complaints about Pickford. Davies has been pretty up and down but I think most of our woes are down to set up more than anything else.

Martina obviously is not good, I just don't think he has stood out as being rubbish compared to the rest of them. People are acting like he cant kick a ball, I don't actually think he is that bad at making runs and passing the ball around, he is just an awful defender. I do see a use for him if we are chasing a game but starting him week in week out is a bit odd.

He is in no way whatsoever a premier league right back. He is a bog standard championship winger at best being forced to play right back and is found out game after game. Haven’t seen him block one cross yet.

Teams target him as he utter rubbish. I had to question koemans and moshs plans re a "project" when they took him from southamptons reserves even as a stop gap defender.

Unfortunately teams also target Kenny and holgate. Not one of the 3 of them should be playing in a Premier league team let alone a team trying to challenge for top 6.

I don't even care, that's the worst part! I don't even rate Martina, I am just sick of some of our fans massively over reacting to stuff. Like you blaming him for their goal when nobody made any attempt to get near Brady (I think it was him).

Why is Stekelenberg a blunder? He was brought in as a back up keeper. Whats wrong with that?
Back up keeper played a third of the season we plummeted down the league last year - Robles came in with ten clean sheets as a team we stopped leaking goals and rose to 7th winning mainly out home games - our main personal gone Lukaku and Ross a a fortune spent and wasted - Pickford is one for the future and cannot be blamed as the team is now totallly unbalanced- I repeat CuCu was never needed why not good enough to back a car into a parking space!
Ross is maybe the next one out if we keep this clown of a manager end of!

He is in no way whatsoever a premier league right back. He is a bog standard championship winger at best being forced to play right back and is found out game after game. Haven’t seen him block one cross yet.

We dont block crosses. Baines also loves standing off letting teams ping em in.

Rooney has been bog average at best, the fact that people are claiming he has done well shows how far our standards are slipping. Calvert Lewin has been fine and I have no complaints about Pickford. Davies has been pretty up and down but I think most of our woes are down to set up more than anything else.

Martina obviously is not good, I just don't think he has stood out as being rubbish compared to the rest of them. People are acting like he cant kick a ball, I don't actually think he is that bad at making runs and passing the ball around, he is just an awful defender. I do see a use for him if we are chasing a game but starting him week in week out is a bit odd.

The frustration comes from the fact he was a completely pointless signing. Offers absolutely nothing at either end of the pitch, gets himself in some good attacking positions but it's an absolute waste of time because he just lobs a terrible cross onto the defenders head every single time, then leisurely jogs back while the opposition break.

Unfortunately teams also target Kenny and holgate. Not one of the 3 of them should be playing in a Premier league team let alone a team trying to challenge for top 6.
Really , so where are you getting your amazing analysis that " teams also target Kenny " and he shouldn't be playing in the PL. I'd be very surprised if Bournemouth were somehow targeting Kenny when he came on for about 15 mins when it was generally accepted that he performed well in such a short time . This has been his only PL minutes this season.

Martina is not a PL quality full back , in a team playing well he may get away with it. Jonjoe Kenny at 20 is all about potential , he will get better but needs to be played ahead if Martina to do so .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back